Age of Mythology: Retold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6tRpIseYCA

GODS WILL RETURN!!!

My favorite RTS game is back.
What is your opinion for not using the traditional "DEFINITIVE EDITION (DE)" version?

Detail that appears only 3 civilizations in the trailer, Greeks, Nordics and Egyptians, Will Atlantis be kept out at launch?

We don't have much information yet, just that it has beautiful graphics and updated gameplay.

:medieval:

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the reset AoM may contain the infamous "Tale of the Dragon" expansion, not just the titans, I hope Microsoft doesn't just simply hd the game, but the failed material Reboot the slice or simply delete it.
To be honest, I would prefer Microsoft to join Persian mythology, it would be interesting to have Mithras, Anahita, Ahura Mazda as the main gods.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the choice of the name retold instead of definitive edition is intentional. They must not recognize "tale of the dragon" part of the new project. I believe we will only have the 3 original civilizations. It seems to me more than a remastered edition, I believe we will have totally new campaigns in addition to significant changes in each civilization.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, borg- said:

It seems to me that the choice of the name retold instead of definitive edition is intentional. They must not recognize "tale of the dragon" part of the new project. I believe we will only have the 3 original civilizations. It seems to me more than a remastered edition, I believe we will have totally new campaigns in addition to significant changes in each civilization.

I would actually really like that. We already have the HD addition, so I would love to see a quasi-sequel/retelling, with similar story beats and characters, but all-new details.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...