Toxic Player - DoctorOrgans

Kampot

On 06/03/2023 at 8:53 PM, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I wonder if Nazism is something we can moderate within hosted games? I am quite tired of seeing it as it brings down the fun of a game. I wish more hosts would ban adequately when it is in chat but it seems not to happen except for 1 or two hosts I know.

On top of the hate speech, the attitude in every game to blame  his team-members is getting hectic.

@JC (naval supremacist) Regarding hate speech, I have nothing to say but; I know you are crying for attention and you say those stupid things to grab such. You are a clever person, try engaging in meaningful conversations.

Regarding your attitude against team players: 4v4 are the core of team games. This means you are a part of a team which will perform better if your teammates perform better than the enemy team. Please explain me how do you expect your team to perform well, by watching your messages about how OP you are & how they "fail"?

@BreakfastBurrito_007 Say the word and I will not allow him to join my games for X days/months. Until he re-evaluates how he expresses himself. And hopefully, other major hosts will do the same. Let's say until 16th of April 2023?

Edited by wang_wei_2

Also, how about a team-game rating that is based on user evaluation instead of wins? By allowing each player to vote (at the end of the game) on who was the best player in terms of team game and not statistics. With some kind of normalization ofc (e.g. negative votes too)

Edited by wang_wei_2
  • Thanks 1

JC should check balance and remove cosmic teammates before the game starts, instead of complaining at the end. 

Regarding appreciation for Nazi and Hitler, he should keep his thoughts to himself and not express them in 0ad lobby. There are many Germans here who will be emotionally upset by this topic. 

I myself consider Hitler as purely a historical character, similar to Scipio Africanus or Vercingetorix. I'm not offended if he expresses his appreciation for nazi or Hitler. But one must consider how the German players would feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yekaterina said:

JC should check balance and remove cosmic teammates before the game starts, instead of complaining at the end. 

Regarding appreciation for Nazi and Hitler, he should keep his thoughts to himself and not express them in 0ad lobby. There are many Germans here who will be emotionally upset by this topic. 

I myself consider Hitler as purely a historical character, similar to Scipio Africanus or Vercingetorix. I'm not offended if he expresses his appreciation for nazi or Hitler. But one must consider how the German players would feel.

More than one will be annoyed by what I am about to say, but admiring Hitler is no different than admiring Stalin or Lenin.

All of those people took a lot of people to the other world. It is no different from Brzezinski, or Henry Kissinger.

It's no different from Bush or Obama or the current Biden.

Today's progressives will be tomorrow's Nazis.

The only difference is that we think we are becoming more and more sophisticated, but they are exactly the same mistakes of the past with embellished and colorful words.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

More than one will be annoyed by what I am about to say, but admiring Hitler is no different than admiring Stalin or Lenin.

All of those people took a lot of people to the other world. It is no different from Brzezinski, or Henry Kissinger.

The only difference is that we think we are becoming more and more sophisticated, but they are exactly the same mistakes of the past with embellished and colorful words.

I'm only annoyed by the word salad here. 

Dear fellow 0ad players, regarding the things I said, previously regarding arabs and africans, and the statement I made. I sincerely apologize to anyone or offended and I renounce what I already said. I was not thinking quite straight, and was quite frankly, just trying to get some attention.

I was having a very bad day and was coming off of some hard things and I know it’s not right to rent in a public place like this. Especially with my opinions can sometimes become hurtful or downright racist. 

Is inclusion, I would like to retract my statement, and if possible, make amends with anyone who was offended.

sincerely, Timmy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 25/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, Gurken Khan said:

@Kampot Other players don't play with that doc or mute it.

agree. please do not jump on the anti hate speech train, for it can head to the wrong direction easily! 

On 13/03/2023 at 9:37 PM, rossenburg said:

Something needs to be done.

People are always free to dislike others in non-violent ways. That is my belief. In a community of overviewable size such as 0ad, toxic players will just be disliked by others and at some point, not many will play with them.

Regarding the hitler_appreciator account: This is more about the general topic of creating smurfs, and how to address it. Imo makes sense to use some kind of trust system for accounts. Gain trust points for using the account on lobby and give hosts the option to threshold required trust to a minimum value, hence filtering new accounts and smurfs. Could be realized via bot, like the ratings (trust only affect lobby matches).

This way, the WFG team does not have to become the guardians of hatespeech, because the hosts can themselves filter new smurf accounts (aswell as new players, that has to be considered) and kick known toxic players.

Edited by sternstaub
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Its the Germans that get "emotionally" upset? Have you even taken a look at what nazis did to Poland, Greece, Yugoslavia, Russia (and of course Jews)?

Please educate yourself - it were actually other countries which have suffered much more than the Germans from the nazis and their junky leader's decisions

I can give some hints:

1941 June 2nd: 310 executed civilians in Kandamos, Crete, Greece. Same day, 25 more executions in a nearby village, Kontomari. Same day another 121 executions in several villages of this area (Perivolia, Loutra, Pagkaloxori, Paliohora)
1941 June 3rd: 12 executions in Heraclium, Crete
1941 June 5th: 19 executions in Heraclium, Crete, 8 more in Athens
1941 June 14th: 50 executions in Heraclium, Crete
1941 June 20th: 32 executions in Chania, Crete
1941 August 1st: 118 executions in several villages (Alikiano, Koufo, Vatolakko, Skine, more)
1941 August 3rd: Massive torture of all the villagers (priest included) of in Karpero Elassonas
1941 September 29 until 6th of October: (done by Bulgarians under Nazi command) 3000 executed in Drama and several villages around - complete destruction of the villages
1941 October 5th: 96 executed, all citizens between 15 to 60 years old
1941 October 10th: 221 executed, serveral villages in Nigrita, Serres
1941 October 17th: 130 executions in Ano Kerdylia, 80 in Kato Kerdylia, 25 from other villages. These 2 villages are burned to the ground
1941 October 20th: 12 executions (by strangling). They left the hanged people there there for 3 days
1941 October 23th: 165 executions, all men between 16-80, Mesovouno. Village is burned to the ground.
1941 November 15th: 30 soldiers executed who just returned from the front
1941 December 28th: 30 hostages are executed in Eptapyrgos prison

That's only for 1941 and gathered in the link below. I could only imagine how many were left undocumented, or out of this article. And its only about human deaths, not taking into account the destroyed infrastructure or the starvation of the resources:
https://www.mixanitouxronou.gr/lista-me-ola-ta-choria-opoy-eginan-omadikes-ekteleseis-kai-olokaytomata-stin-katochi-to-atimorito-egklima-tis-vermacht-stin-ellada/

If you are really interested and google translate doesn't work for you, I can translate this article and many more regarding nazi crimes in Greece, and not only.

Now @JC (naval supremacist) , take this advice in your on going life, and keep your mouth shut when it comes to such subjects. It can be broken very easily in the "real world". Such crimes have created generations of nazi haters and I do not mean the internet ones. The memories are still "fresh", there are still many people with family members who were executed in this period - and even more members who died defending their soil against nazis.

It's exactly the same with the word you keep repeating when you refer to dark skinned people. Say it outside, and probably say goodbye to your teeth.

Women will just ignore you, good luck with that (might be worse than a broken bone).

Edited by wang_wei_2
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

A solid example of "what-aboutism"

Edited by wang_wei_2

18 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Could be a easily shared opinion if Hitler was just a politician who killed people for exquisitely political reasons: e.g. wars (USA main example), systematic elimination of the internal opposition (Stalin main example) , bad/mean economical reforms (Mao main example) etc.

But Hitler led a contemporary european country (not a wild and poor province in Africa) to the systematic and scientific elimination of a part of its own population due to religious reasons (regards that, it's interesting to take a look about the Nazi mysticism that offered the basics for most of the Nazi thoughts about german race supremacy and so on).

Organizing the search, the transport and then the elimination of its own fellow citizens in the middle of a war. In the middle of Europe. Literally less than 100 years ago. Yesterday

Of course also the USA massacres in the Middle-East are disgusting, but I hope you can understand the main difference between the two phenomena.

Anyway I've noticed many times that outside Europe nazism is perceived just like a form of cruel dictatorship like many others in history, so I can understand your point of view (I guess you are not european). But the reasons of the Holocaust make Nazism something deafening and negatively unique, and I cannot find a single dictator/political movement in the recent history who's crime are comparable in the "quality" and the quantity to the Nazi party ones.

Edited by Pemulis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wang_wei_2 said:

Its the Germans that get "emotionally" upset? Have you even taken a look at what nazis did to Poland, Greece, Yugoslavia, Russia (and of course Jews)?

Strangely, it is always the Germans who are hyper sensitive to any sign of Nazi or anything that evokes Nazi, not these victim countries. Maybe it's because of the language barrier? For example i saw that Wendy of Israel doesn't really care about JC's Nazi remarks but it's the German specs who get super mad.

5 minutes ago, Pemulis said:

cannot find not a single dictator/political movement in the recent history who's crime are comparable in the "quality" and the quantity to the Nazi party ones

Check out what imperial Japanese did to other Asian countries including Australia. Not any better than Nazi, even if the number of deaths is less

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

Check out what imperial Japanese did to other Asian countries including Australia. Not any better than Nazi, even if the number of deaths is less

My ex girlfriend was chinese, and I know what are you talking about very well. She had a pure hatred towards Japan for such reasons.
Anyway as you just said, "what imperial Japan did to other Asian countries". Hitler is still remembered today for what he did to German citizens, hope you get the point.
It's not a matter of cruelty but of sheer madness, and that's why would be very interesting to point out the reasons of Nazi racism, which are not well known at all even among europeans. I understand that without knowing them it's impossible to understand what Nazism was about, and why I'm so not incline to accept comparisons.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Strangely, it is always the Germans who are hyper sensitive to any sign of Nazi or anything that evokes Nazi, not these victim countries. Maybe it's because of the language barrier? For example i saw that Wendy of Israel doesn't really care about JC's Nazi remarks but it's the German specs who get super mad.

Nah, its just you haven't met enough people yet from these countries & of course the internet is not a space to do so effectively.

Edited by wang_wei_2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...