Smurf tag - voting

G.O.A.T

Smurfs  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you appreciate my page with smurfs?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

I recommend that people boycott this poll until admins can take action. Different people define "smurf" differently. Is it merely a duplicate account, or is it an account engaged in misconduct such as lying about one's skill?

G.O.A.T's poll question is a loaded question with a narrow range of responses. It's similar to the classic false dilemma question of, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" If a person answers "yes" then it implies that the person was in the past beating his wife. If the person answers "no" then it implies that the person is continuing to beat his wife.

There are nuances in the debate about duplicate accounts.

The real problem is easy, immediate and free ability to create new reputable accounts. G.O.A.T, please put your efforts into helping solve this problem.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norse_Harold said:

I recommend that people boycott this poll until admins can take action. Different people define "smurf" differently. Is it merely a duplicate account, or is it an account engaged in misconduct such as lying about one's skill?

This is a loaded question with a narrow range of responses. It's similar to the classic false dilemma question of, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" If a person answers "yes" then it implies that the person was in the past beating his wife. If the person answers "no" then it implies that the person is continuing to beat his wife.

There are nuances in the debate about duplicate accounts.

The real problem is easy, immediate and free ability to create new reputable accounts. G.O.A.T, please put your efforts into helping solve this problem.

Done. I contact Stan on Telegram.

• Thanks 1

I see that you've changed the poll response choices to "yes" or "no". For the record, here is a screenshot of the original poll response choices.

1947361824_2022-10-22GOAToriginalpollchoicesaboutsmurfpage.png.93213c41f5c731a225ea05dc9c7dc0f8.png

Did you change it voluntarily or because an admin forced you to? Or, both? Or, other? See, there are more than two possibilities...

I'm still boycotting the poll. I understand the word "smurf" to mean someone who is lying about their skill and using an unknown account in order to disrupt balance during game formulation. I object to calling everyone on that list a "smurf".

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

you better be careful because I can talk to an admin.

my 2 cents: I don't think sanafur cares about that, the 0ad community or 0ad in general. Else he/she would have stopped for a wile.