20 hours ago, hamdich said:

i think because devs trying to make romans close to the nearby Factions  ( gauls , macedonians , athenians ,sparta , iberians ) though iberians  and athenians have slings option.

The only one on that list that doesn't have a sling option is Sparta. Macedonians have them as mercs, the rest have them as citizens.

21 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

I will note that, when crossbowmen were given these stats, it was not in the intention of anybody to make them particularly strong against other ranged units. it's not necessary to keep them so, they can be changed.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you to the developers and other staff for this awesome game.

2 very Small suggestions:

1) It would be nice to be able to tab between the fields when logging into the game lobby.

2) When watching a multiplayer replay, when you click on a player's civilization emblem, it opens the structure tree of the previously opened civilization. 

For example: 
- watch a multiplayer replay
- switch to observation mode of a player playing, say the the Mauryas
- In the top-center, you'll see their civilization emblem and you can click it to open their structure tree
- Close the structure tree and switch to observation mode of a player playing the Roman
- Click their civilization emblem.  It'll open the Mauryas structure tree instead of the Roman one.

Totally not a bit deal, but nice to have.

Edited by RangerK
added second suggestion
  • Like 1

When a ship is destroyed that had units garrisoned inside, these units disappear form the game (they've presumably died in the shipwreck) but they are not included in the lost unit counter in the stats. Is this intentional?

Screenshot from the stats of my playing Corsica and Sardinia for the first time in a while. You can see that the total of units lost from red and yellow are lower than the number of trained units.

Disclaimer: new to the forum (not new to the game, started playing in 2018). If this is not the right place for this kind of post, lmk. I sifted through the FAQ as well as this thread, and did a quick reddit search on r/0ad and did not see anything recent about this topic, but I'd be surprised if I was the first to bring it up. Game version: Alpha26

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mojo75 said:

When a ship is destroyed that had units garrisoned inside, these units disappear form the game (they've presumably died in the shipwreck) but they are not included in the lost unit counter in the stats. Is this intentional?

Screenshot from the stats of my playing Corsica and Sardinia for the first time in a while. You can see that the total of units lost from red and yellow are lower than the number of trained units.

Disclaimer: new to the forum (not new to the game, started playing in 2018). If this is not the right place for this kind of post, lmk. I sifted through the FAQ as well as this thread, and did a quick reddit search on r/0ad and did not see anything recent about this topic, but I'd be surprised if I was the first to bring it up. Game version: Alpha26

Thanks this is a known bug. Bugs should be reported here #3866 ([PATCH] When a ship sinks/building destroys without space to unload units aren't lost in summary) – Wildfire Games

• Like 3

On 05/01/2023 at 7:09 PM, RangerK said:

2) When watching a multiplayer replay, when you click on a player's civilization emblem, it opens the structure tree of the previously opened civilization. 

Intentional (by design of the session UI, not the Structure Tree), and dates back to this Revision.

Easily changed by altering this line of code.

Note the same thing occurs in the game setup screen (also by design, and also that Revision, but behaviour defined in a different file).

• Like 2

On 16/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Oh, yes I can make a merge request for this. Thanks.

you are welcome , but it is still the same  with community mod 26.4 .

i also added new suuggestions and changed some old ones , give it a look .

good luck 

• 1 month later...

Maybe off-topic but a TG record in the profile of every account it's extremely neccesary so we can get rid to a large extent of smurfs. Not necessary to have ELO ranking for TGs, only TG played or every game played without Petra Bot with minimun duration of 10/12 minutes it's enough. And also creation account date.

I suggest this to be implemented next release.

Edited by guerringuerrin

remove the default formation, they are slow and take time to react, many deaths for that
The fortress lacks a real use, it only serves to protect the cc and if the enemy goes with catas or that or they put a special projectile on it (bolt, cata, burn) or I don't see an important defensive use for it, it would still be good to deploy one unit even if it is the cc

In previous versions I liked the technology tree better and it forced you to use a tactic, sometimes without being able to change it due to lack of metal
a tech tree should be made similar to other versions or smoother
tech 1: ranged or melee
tech 2: cav or infantry
tech 3: cav or infantry

Macedonia has to have the advantage in phase 2: some siege similar to the Lusitanian, champions in phase 2 or Greek mercenaries, Thracians in dark cloaks...

Iberians: soliferrum similar to the heavy skirmisher and cav with sword, which the Carthaginians have but not the Iberians -.-

charriots: they have nothing that differentiates them from the archer cav, but nothing should give them a higher price, range, precision and that they are slower

elephants, everyone (even archers) should have a small area attack, dealing 360 damage, even the builder elephant died

Lastly, for the voices of the Iberians I know Basques who can say the phrases of the units in Euskera, a language prior to Latin in the Iberian Peninsula, I think it will do, there are 2 couples so there are 4 voices in case one is not convincing

Edited by soloooy0