Mainland Twilight new mod for Team Games

leopard

Hello 0AD Fans and Developers,

I made a new random map generator mod, its a copy paste mod of @Feldfeld's Mod, But I change some things in it,  Hope you guys will like the changes.

New belgian Upland map with chicken near cc without deers and rabbits

New mainland map with no cliffs or hills 

positioning based on pattern like the map frontiers

You can download the mod in mod selection From Today (November 18 2022) Thanks you @Stan`

0ad-maximalists-map.zip

0ad-maximalists-map.pyromod

Edited by leopard
download mod from Mod selection
  • Like 2

we can play Team Games, I made very few changes like changing the grass texture and changed the sun color and elevation and rotation and nothing more,

I think using feldmap we can play team games also it is only used for 1v1, because few people know how to install feldmap.

I wanted to make the map more darker like in the evening but not sure others will be interested.

this mod is part of my learning process, will try to include more changes if others suggest it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feldfeld said:

Indeed, environmental settings are underrated. For some random maps, randomizing these settings between a few presets could be cool.

On another note, in my map Alpine Mountains (available in feldmap), in Winter biome, it alternates randomly between sunny, snowy and night environment

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hamdich said:

indeed feldmap and autociv are both on mod.io and everyone should get them

personally i would like to see night time mainland

night time is now available if you download and install again, you should remove the old folder first else error I think

Hey @leopard this nightime looks really nice! Download link is updated right here?

I wonder if it possible to have a map with some daynight simulation. I read about that in other thread, can't find now and i don't know how far that idea went

On 16/10/2022 at 12:40 PM, leopard said:

0ad-maximalists-map.zip 8 kB · 0 downloads 0ad-maximalists-map.pyromod 8 kB · 2 downloads

Edited yesterday at 12:30 by leopard
updated fix space in mod.json fix warning in mod selection

On 17/10/2022 at 3:00 AM, Feldfeld said:

Indeed, environmental settings are underrated. For some random maps, randomizing these settings between a few presets could be cool.

I already have feldmap. I've never host TG with it because for some reason I though it was only working fine on 1v1 games. I'd like to start using now for tg games and see how it goes.

On 17/10/2022 at 6:56 AM, Feldfeld said:

On another note, in my map Alpine Mountains (available in feldmap), in Winter biome, it alternates randomly between sunny, snowy and night environment

Please if you can clarify this to me. Feldmap mod also adds other in addition to mainland balanced? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, guerringuerrin said:

I wonder if it possible to have a map with some daynight simulatio

I think it is possible but don't have much know how to do that now, I hope I can do that eventually.

also another idea is to let spectators play a single unit for a player they prefer, so that the spectators can be assassins for a faction they prefer, they will be playing completely independently, and respawn as long as the main player is in game.

@Stan` I would like to know your opinion about this, will it be a good idea or a bad one.

Edited by leopard
fix grammar
  • Like 1

I wonder if it possible to have a map with some daynight simulation.

If by that you mean time alternating the day and the night while in game, I think the engine doesn't have that.

Please if you can clarify this to me. Feldmap mod also adds other in addition to mainland balanced? 

Yes, just one map, Alpine Mountains.

I focused on beauty on that one. It has balanced resource start, but is chokepointy and expansion possibilities are unbalanced. See https://0ad.old.mod.io/feldmap for a few screenshots.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, leopard said:

I think it is possible but don't have much know how to do that now, I hope I can do that eventually.

also another idea is to let spectators play a single unit for a player they prefer, so that the spectators can be assassins for a faction they prefer, they will be playing completely independently, and respawn as long as the main player is in game.

@Stan` I would like to know your opinion about this, will it be a good idea or a bad one.

Sounds complicated and might be a resource for disaster although true coop would be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Stan` said:

Sounds complicated and might be a resource for disaster although true coop would be nice.

I learned to make a mod only yesterday, but that is not stopping me from dreaming.

but I am bit sad since you say its complicated, yes even the normal spectators cause lag now, 

it will be a total disaster if they are playing too. could be a total lag fest, provided that we implement the feature, which is I have no idea how to implement. :cry: