April Fools

Naru

First off, let me say hello, 'cause this is my second post ever on the new forums.

Secondly... I just recieved an email today called "The Community Crier #6", and was surprised to read the following:

Now that some of our greatest programmers left the team, we decided that we do not live up to the job of programming a game ... that's why we will use the AoK engine instead and will drive 0 A.D. back to AoK mod stage... If anyone is eager to get his hands on the 0 A.D. engine in its current stage, you can get a free copy most likely. Just send an email to jason@wildfiregames.com. We would be glad to see someone else completing our project as a standalone game. Sad day indeed.

Please, please tell me whether this is legitimate or merely a prank for the First of April.

If it is true, then this is very sad news. :-(

Heh there were some pretty interesting April fool pranks this year :)

At school a kid faked a seizure and freaked out the teacher, then got up and said april fools. It was brilliant.

And online, Zen, chief tech guy at HeavenGames said he's resigning and everyone completely flipped out, including me (I was like "WHAT?!" outloud, literaly) but the link in his sig linked to an april fools E-card and someone caught that.

Heh there were some pretty interesting April fool pranks this year :)

At school a kid faked a seizure and freaked out the teacher, then got up and said april fools. It was brilliant.

And online, Zen, chief tech guy at HeavenGames said he's resigning and everyone completely flipped out, including me (I was like "WHAT?!" outloud, literaly) but the link in his sig linked to an april fools E-card and someone caught that.

:) !!

hahah! Well, not much in Norway this year, sorry! Last year there were some neat stuff though !