Yiuel's Website is slowly coming to life

Here are new versions.

523b8b80a432ebc86397854f6c2503b2.jpg

02e5d71f5e81aa64be5722994d5d76a6.jpg

For the first banner, I have reduced the opacity of the 14 names, and I have modified the text. I also added a small heptacle of green and blue, behind the main name.

For the second one, I hesitated between blue and green. I truly prefered the blue, but I wasn't sure, because then, most of my subsites will be blue-colored. Oh well, it's just better. I also added a few details. And the text is also less opaque, so it's not as annoying.

First one:

Problem here is that you're trying to put too much in one picture. Either you have a much larger banner or you get rid of things that aren't so important.

There also isn't a good balance aside from the left title and the right logo. It feels as if there's no real background but simply some pictures put atop eachother. So either you should make the foreground images stand out a lot more and make the background more monotone.

The background is also composed of three areas which makes it seems as if there are three different backgrounds instead of one. You should make it blend much more into eachother.

I'm also not a fan of the font you're using, looks a bit plain imho.

For the second one the same comments apply though your background blends a lot more.

You do have a color problem there though, the purple, blue and white should be enough, so maybe you should replace the yellow by white or something.

Such a background is also not so suitable for such a small images. The three right images are a bit too much, maybe use one or two but three makes it all too full. If you get rid of the last two I'm sure it'll look much better.

Good job though, just remember the saying "less is more" and a quote from Antoine de Saint-Exupery: "You know you've achieved perfection in design, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away." ;)

It's also a good idea trying to look from a different perspective at your images, eg. look at them as a composition of colors and shapes and make sure that composition makes sense and that it's balanced enough.

Edited by Klaas