Is 0AD progress too slow for you?

Black Op

well obviously, everyone wants it now now now :) But that's not the case for us, it's alot of work and it's not easy. Furthermore this isn't a full time job so we can't put as much time into it as other gamedevelopers who are doing this full-time.

I voted don't rush it :)

You realize you're doing this vote for a game which still has two years in development, right? Think of what else might happen in your life in two years, and the 'slow' progress on the game may suddenly not seem such a big deal :)

Perhaps I shall make the same thread again in 6 months time to see how's things changed. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually, even seeing the hard work that everyone is putting in to it (a bonus of working on TLA) still voted could be faster but it's good enough (or something like that) because I didn't expect to find the don't rush it at the bottom.

And it's not because ppl aren't working at it fast enough, it's just that I'm comparing it to Dawn of Fantasy... but really, that's not smart to compare... just think it could be faster (as in I would not complain if it was faster) but everyone is doing a great job, and I would not ask for them to work more... so basically, this is a good rate of work... and I think if it seems slow, it's to those that can't see the inner workings.

There is no such thing as "fast game development". Even the fully financed companies can take years to complete a game. (See Half-Life 2). So just imagine how much harder it is for guys working full time in their regular lives to work even more hours every week on games like 0AD.

0AD is doing great and progressing as would be expected by anyone involved in game development, maybe even better.

Keep up the good work.

Micah Hymer

Reverie Entertainment, LLC

www.reverieentertainment.net

• 3 weeks later...

the progress is great. Games are hard to make, but the site news is killing me. I visit the site once a day hoping for an update. I would like to see more news, keeps everyone exceited and hoping for more.

[off topic: :D <-- funnyest smilie iv seen in a long time.]