Looking for someone well versed in balancing/stats aspect of 0ad code adjustment, to work together with to make a mod which would allow for more colourful play as more options will arise from better balance.

vinme

if theres anyone who already knows this stuff well and can easily make such simple adjustments for me, we can work together and make a totally fixed/improved 0ad mod prob within a day or 2 tops since it takes such minimal effort for me to figure out proper balance for functional, viable but not op options and it would be equally as easy for someone well versed in the programming aspects to simply adjust the values.

Im thinking building costs, unit trantime, unit cost, etc.

as well as if possible, mapgen rate of metal/stone/extras or if possible, and i assume this is more of a stretch make a fair balanaced maps mod, better than a25 one which had many issues with variability such as 400 foods not being balanced, hunts varying in distance making 1 side get half the walktime often resulting in basically half the value,etc

i also would really like to add, if possible, removed buildings, or buildings that have already been designed/have existed in the code, but never used,(i have seen some in some special maps maybe a year or 2 ago like strange wood structures) im sure i could make use of/bring into the game with balance a lot of such buildings/ideas. specifically, id bring back stoas.

• Like 2

This is the kind of thing I'd like to be able to help with, however I've currently got other obligations that require my full attention. It would be really irresponsible for me to get back into 0 AD right now. :(

Instead, let me just try to assuage you to consider giving it a shot yourself. Modifying unit stats in 0 AD is trivially easy. The hardest part is probably just setting up a new mod, but even that is pretty straight forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also trying to figure out a way to bring back badoso mod to life. I have already learned how to create a mod by stealing code from feldfeld

I am on my way to bring back pre fixed positions for players which was working fine in badoso's mod, even though I never tried it before, 

It is a nice Idea. @hamdich is behind this idea.

I am also trying to remove all deers in belgian uplands for reza-math. 

Edited by leopard
  • Like 2