0 A.D. Friendly Tournament Series

Feldfeld

Unfortunately, borg- didn't connect for more than a week.

I had multiple players tell me they thought they were / would be eliminated from the tournament if they lost one game. It is not true as we are playing a Swiss system. All 5 rounds are played by every players, and there will be a ranking in the end. I didn't properly explain the system and I am sorry about that. This may be the reason for borg's inactivity, in any case, I hope there won't be more players getting confused by this.

I decided to forfeit borg- from the tournament. I could have tried to replace him but either it would induce even more delay to the tournament or could lead to some big unfairness.
But forfeiting borg is still quite unfair to @MarcusAureliu#s, as it hurts his Bucholz (first tiebreaker) quite a bit while it should have been pretty good after he got a win against a favorite. That may cost him a few spots when we get to final standings. I still salute his win which I think also showed improvement of his level.

Round 3 matches:

@ValihrAnt vs @Feldfeld
@Dakara vs @Edwarf
@rm -rf vs @chocapoca
@Player of 0AD vs @BeTe
@Philip the Swaggerless vs @alre
@LetswaveaBook vs @MarcusAureliu#s
Bye (no game for this round, +1 point): @seeh

The deadline for this round is Wednesday 30, 23:59 UTC.

Please try to organize your match as soon as possible using forum private messaging! Beware of timezone differences.

Please message me personally if your opponent doesn't answer you after 2-3 days.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, seeh said:

i was not able to watch this :( i have no idea

https://youtu.be/wiI71k1aAv0

Maybe try to only possibly have one Community mod version read by the game (0.26.2). This means temporarily removing 0.26.3 from game files, not just deactivating it. Then try again

When you had 0.26.2 activated only it looked like there was no compatible replays while there should be some played in that version, or maybe it was still the result of a previous filter.

And make sure your 0.26.2 community mod has the exact same mod.json as the original and the replay file has not been modified

Edited by Feldfeld

13 minutes ago, Feldfeld said:

Maybe try to only possibly have one Community mod version read by the game (0.26.2). This means temporarily removing 0.26.3 from game files, not just deactivating it. Then try again

ups i mistake. i deleted feldfeld. where i could download version?

feldmap","version":"0.2.0

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, Norse_Harold said:

0.2.0 is available here.

thats Version: 0.2.1 ... ah. there is a button

Previous Releases :cheers:

update 22-1125_0012-24 i give up to show this. idk whey its not work for me. lets look forward. some other good games will happen.

Screenshot_20221125_001210.thumb.jpg.0ded1ff14d91ab8a4b58e9432eabc441.jpg

Edited by seeh

1 hour ago, seeh said:

thats Version: 0.2.1 ... ah. there is a button

Previous Releases :cheers:

update 22-1125_0012-24 i give up to show this. idk whey its not work for me. lets look forward. some other good games will happen.

Screenshot_20221125_001210.thumb.jpg.0ded1ff14d91ab8a4b58e9432eabc441.jpg

You have community-mod 0.26.0, this shouldn't be on your system. You'd need 0.26.2 to watch the specific replay, or 0.26.3 from now on (latest version)

Anyway fine if you don't want to spend anymore time, indeed it's just a game

1 hour ago, Feldfeld said:

You have community-mod 0.26.0, this shouldn't be on your system. You'd need 0.26.2 to watch the specific replay, or 0.26.3 from now on (latest version)

Anyway fine if you don't want to spend anymore time, indeed it's just a game

BTW was its weired for me my 0ad takes mods from
1. ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/
and from
2. ~/git/0a26/binaries/data/mods/

same time.

how did i notice that? because version 0.26.3 pointed to a folder that was in the other path (1.) but not in 2. (what i usaually use)

only when I deleted all mods in 1st was 0.26.3 no longer selectet.

I had it correct several times today (see the video). sometimes wrong thanks for your hint. it's weird it doesn't work. I also restarted the pc. I also find it strange that the mods are used from different folders

Screenshot_20221125_021124.jpg

Edited by seeh

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Folder should be community-mod and not 0ad-community-mod

now its playing :victory:. i have renamed folder "0ad-community"(idk why i name so) to "community-mod"

the mod name is also in mod.json . if the mod name must also be identical in folder names, it will be nice (in best case) be checked in the game and reported as an error. But I would be for the fact that only mod.json is relevant. That would make development/organization mod-development  easier (also maybe for all if they need install mods manually). as a mod-dev then you could e.g. simply name the folder xyOLD for an older version and xyNEW for the newer version, if you need both.

Edited by seeh

On 23/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, Feldfeld said:

Bye (no game for this round, +1 point): @seeh

(https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/95448-0-ad-friendly-tournament-series/?do=findComment&comment=532457)
I'm not sure if I understood that correctly.

now it's clear to me there is simply no opponent for the round for me. thank you for the information :)

Edited by seeh
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, seeh said:

(https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/95448-0-ad-friendly-tournament-series/?do=findComment&comment=532457)
I'm not sure if I understood that correctly.

now it's clear to me there is simply no opponent for the round for me. thank you for the information :)

Yes, sorry, that's a consequence of having borg- forfeit the tournament.

If nothing changes next 2 rounds will have a different player getting a Bye as well

• Like 1

And the last game got played. The deadline extension proved to be useful! Remember you can ask one if you couldn't play your game in time due to unfortunate things. Thanks @alre for staying available while he could take the free win.

Round 4 matches:

@Feldfeld vs @Edwarf
@ValihrAnt vs @MarcusAureliu#s
@Philip the Swaggerless vs @Dakara
@Player of 0AD vs @LetswaveaBook
@BeTe vs @seeh
@rm -rf vs @alre
Bye (no game for this round, +1 point): @chocapoca

The deadline for this round is Friday 9, 23:59 UTC.

Please try to organize your match as soon as possible using forum private messaging! Beware of timezone differences.

Please message me personally if your opponent doesn't answer you after 2-3 days.

Replays of past round:

Round 3 (Community Mod 0.26.3):
FTS2-Round3.zip

Edited by Feldfeld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1