Alpha 26 Feedback

chrstgtr

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, guerringuerrin said:

Is there any changelog of the community mod? can't find it

Now a changelog makes sense, is there any?

And what about turning the macedonian storehouse-civ-bonus into an additional teambonus? The current mace team bonus is very weak, but the civ bonus is much closer to strong team bonuses like ptol and iber.

Edited by Player of 0AD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess pushing doesn't work when units are fighting.

It really pi puts me off majorly when I loose units because they are bumping around for ever on their fighting colleagues instead of retreating; even when it's only a handful of javelineers not tightly packed... It's probably aggravated at every bump with the turn and acceleration times.

• Like 1

For this alpha it takes a long time to "wrap things up"; when I won a game and select to exit and view the summary it really takes a long time till the stats come up. I thought maybe it was the community mod, but then I remembered that before it the cursor would actually turn into a spiral signifying the game was unresponsive.

Not a major issue, but it still would feel better if that wasn't the case. Can anybody confirm?

2 hours ago, Freagarach said:

Did the community mod change between saving the match and loading it?

No, nothing changed.

2 hours ago, Freagarach said:

Can you put "warn(uneval(key));" at L261 (after the opening curly brace) in the "TechnologyManager.js" to see what tech it can't find?

I would have given it a try, but today when loading the game several times no error showed.

0ad-28421e.thumb.jpg.c1665e44e283a0c2e7b2ca96b1bca3f3.jpg

It is very unfortunate (to put it very mildly) that the UI shows me I can build a CC while the game won't in fact let me.

With the Colonization tec and the Seleucid team bonus I believe I needed one more res of each to build it (although I couldn't figure out the wood cost); which in theory isn't a big difference, while in practice it can make a big difference. Also I didn't find the notification helpful. (And I think it's wrong, since 2.8e is ~7,6 ; minus 14 would mean a negative amount is missing?)

I guess with the fractions it is a border case, still I would greatly prefer it if the UI wouldn't give me misleading information. Please force it to accurately give me the needed resources, and if you're obscurely working with fractions, please make sure that the different parts of the game come to the same conclusion.

savegame-0237.0adsave

Edited by Gurken Khan
typo
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...