Thinking Of Making A Mod For 0ad!...

ZeZar

Well, the only 3D program i use these days, is 3D max. The reason is that 3D max is the only way to mod 0ad right?? Well, anyway, i was thinking of making a mod, when the game comes out. But i dont know anything about scripts, coding +++, The only thing i do know, and thats still at a learing basic fase, is 3D modelling. Well, i have this Norwegian friend, who actually is a member of Innovation Studios, their making a Far Cry mod, called Navy Seals -- Preemtive Operations... Anyway, he promised to help me a lot. But is it hard to mod?? Will there be those easy "/BF 1942/Mods" folders?? I think that mods for 0ad will really take off, because you guys, are like the only studio that accept modding RTS i think :) Well, how hard is it? Can i do it? What sort of programs and knowlengde do i need??

btw, if anyone will help\join making the mod... please E-mail me :D

I also have to say, that i cant focus on the mod right know, thinking of my really tight scadual! Anyway, PM me if you want to join up :) And please, someone answer me ... :D lol!

As stated in the FAQ we're going to release and include alot of our own developer tools (and even have some built into the editor) for people to make their own mods. In addition we will also support modding, as in you can create your own custom units and include them with your scenario (within the .scn itself, thus you can distribute just the scenario and no need to go through the whole installing procedure)

Ok, thats cool. But what if i sometime in the late future want to make a TC mod? (Total Conversion). Will there be a /mod folder? Will you support? How hard is that?

And lets say, i want to make ma WW2 mod. How is the posibility of including sounds, own HUI and more ??

btw; David, check your PM!