About simplifying outposts and towers.

AIEND

To be honest, I think the current outpost + wall tower + sentry tower + defense tower is too complicated, and the following changes should be made.
1. Let the sentry tower and the defense tower become the same building, just like AOE, by researching related technologies in P2 to make all sentry towers into defense towers, or cancel the sentry towers, so that players can build defense towers at the beginning, but Its data is continuously enhanced with the upgrade phase.
2. Let the outpost have no vision unless the troops are garrisoned. When the shooter is stationed, it can shoot outside. The enemy's shooter can also attack the infantry or women who are stationed in the outpost. The outpost and the defense tower must keep a distance. When the outpost is in our territory, Outposts can be upgraded to towers at the cost of resources.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AIEND said:

To be honest, I think the current outpost + wall tower + sentry tower + defense tower is too complicated, and the following changes should be made.
1. Let the sentry tower and the defense tower become the same building, just like AOE, by researching related technologies in P2 to make all sentry towers into defense towers, or cancel the sentry towers, so that players can build defense towers at the beginning, but Its data is continuously enhanced with the upgrade phase.
2. Let the outpost have no vision unless the troops are garrisoned. When the shooter is stationed, it can shoot outside. The enemy's shooter can also attack the infantry or women who are stationed in the outpost. The outpost and the defense tower must keep a distance. When the outpost is in our territory, Outposts can be upgraded to towers at the cost of resources.

1. Is purely reductive

2. was tried and failed in a24

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dakara said:

前哨站 绝对不行

此外,它使前哨无用并且可以免费捕获。

I'm not going to insist that outposts have to have no vision, but I think outposts should be related to defense towers, not two completely unrelated buildings, and that outposts should be able to station a shooter and be killed by enemy shooters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AIEND said:

I'm not going to insist that outposts have to have no vision, but I think outposts should be related to defense towers, not two completely unrelated buildings, and that outposts should be able to station a shooter and be killed by enemy shooters.

I think the outpost and defense tower have vastly different purposes and use cases. It would only be a loss to make them related.

On a separate note I do think it would be nice to make arrow fire from garrisoned buildings targetable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AIEND said:

2. Let the outpost have no vision unless the troops are garrisoned.

actually it's kind of logical that empty buildings don't see anything. hmm but then it should be a general rule for all objects? that's a whole new concept. right? I've gotten used to the way it is. should then be able to see further outpost as compensation. I'm always open to simplifications. However, the different types of towers have so far not confused me much.

21 hours ago, seeh said:

actually it's kind of logical that empty buildings don't see anything. hmm but then it should be a general rule for all objects? that's a whole new concept. right? I've gotten used to the way it is. should then be able to see further outpost as compensation. I'm always open to simplifications. However, the different types of towers have so far not confused me much.

we can imagine a unit no playable are in tower and she do his job :D lol 

outpost alpha 24 was very conception 

Edited by Dakara