Hufu, the Human Flesh Alternative

Ok, I was just watching the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and they showed a product called Hufu, which is Tofu that has been textured and flavored to resemble human flesh.

At first I thought this was a joke, so I did a google search and found Eat Hufu.com. Still not sure if this was a joke or not I looked it up in Wikipedia, sure enough Hufu (wiki article) is a real product. This is not a joke!!!

Here is a quote from their FAQ:

HufuTM is designed to resemble, as humanly possible, the taste and texture of human flesh. If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken.

" If you've never had human flesh before..."- WTF???!!!

What kind of sick, demented society do we live in that would even consider buying a Human Flesh Alternative? If I have ever had any doubts over how disturbing our world has become, this has sent those doubts flying out the window! I would also have to agree with the people at the Daily Show- Hufu does look like dog s**t on a plate ;)

If I ever was made to eat human flesh, well, I'll ask from where it comes from. If he tells me North America, I will not eat it. Perhaps would it be easier if it was from Japan or Europe. The best would be from the Amazonas, actually. But, I'd eat it only if I was offered it as an ceremony of anthropophagy, or if noone told me it was human flesh.

As for the copy, it's a copy, I wouldn't bother at all.

Oh, I know I want to eat dog meat one day.