What Do You Have Planned...

chichigrande

Write the great american novel. Mine's about a theme park island where scientists have brought pre-historic dinosaurs back to life using genetic engineering, but things go horribly wrong. I call it, "Johnny and the Clonasaurus."

lol @ Boris :)

Sounds good Ben :)

I think I'll probably go in the mountains and live like a hermit for 20 years to recover from this insainity. Maybe when I return to society WWIII will be over and done wth and there will be no more computers to consume my time :D

(seriously it isn't all that bad :D )

LOL guys! :)

*shameless plug* I would love to make a realistic modern infantry FPS, with every weapon in the book along with tanks, APCs, trucks, helicoptors, boats, landmines, fighters, attack planes, and WWIII :D

Imagine 8 choices:

USA

Russia

China

Israel

Britain

Germany

India

Iran

Could be fun no? :)

I'm going to feel proud of what we accomplished then (if we ever reach that point, but I'm optimistic) and start thinking about a next-generation game with elements from RPG and RTS - with Roman theme of course. Something in the direction of a multiplayer game featuring the Roman empire where each gamer "plays" a character (or maybe more than one)... but that's utopic, first I need to get through the university then - afterwards I will see if I have been turning into a computer-hater because of too much PCs in my life, if Linux took over the world in meanwhile or if I will go to work at a game developer company.

Also I would like to visit Rome and other historical places some time and write something about the Roman era of history or start doing a computer-rendered movie featuring this time period. You see, there's lots of ideas :)

and start thinking about a next-generation game with elements from RPG and RTS - with Roman theme of course.

Wow Malte! For the past couple of month's I've been thinking about the exact same thing :) A RPG with RTS elements and themes that made RTS games so popular, basically I'm thinkin what you just said, word for word.

I haven't brought this up to anyone really since it's just my own personal idea for a game, and WFG is already busy enough trying to tackle this project, I'd rather wait until we're done before introducing new ideas :)

I'm just waiting till we finish both parts of 0AD... Maybe I'll think about this more, once we hit beta stage of part 2, but in the meanwhile this is a great hobby.

Imagine 8 choices:

USA

Russia

China

Israel

Britain

Germany

India

Iran

Who would Israel fight against, China? jajaja... It's funny that you put Israel in the same breath with a list of countries that are easily 10 times more populous than the entire Israeli population (Israeli Arabs included!).

Hehe... but well, Israel is considered to have nuclear weapons and quite a well-trained army, so it's not THAT suprising that Paul mentions them. Still, it might be quite a problem to get that out "historical" or "realistic" because Israel is strong compared to its Arabian neighbours for sure and might even be able to compare to some European countries but IMO could never stand a comparation with the US, Russia or China (who btw are supposed to have 2.5 mio. people at weapons - that would be like a quarter of the Israeli population ? :)).

It's funny that you put Israel in the same breath with a list of countries that are easily 10 times more populous than the entire Israeli population

Like Malte said, the reason I posted them was because Israel has possibly the best trained military in existence and if there was a WWIII scenario for a game like this, Iran or India could come west :) Another reason I put Israel in the list was so one could have Galil and Desert Eagle action :D

Israel may be a whole lot smaller than the others on the list, but militarily they kick serious backside :)

LOL I don't watch the Simpsons :D

YEAH!! A really good Vietnam-era flight sim would rock! :) Could have the sides like so:

Americans:

F-4 Phantom II

F-105 Thunderchief

A-4 Skyhawk

A-6 Intruder

F-8 Crusader

A-7 Corsair II

B-52 Stratofortress

A-1 Skyraider

North Vietnam:

MiG-17 Fresco

MiG-19 Farmer

MiG-21 Fishbed

Can't remember if the NV used anything else besides those three :) Wouldn't you love to go intercept F-105s in a MiG-21MF? :D

Alright, for a bit of seriousness...

Anyone remember The Incredible Machine, a puzzle game put out by Sierra some 10 years ago? I'd love to give that game a 3D makeover some day.

I'd also have to agree with Matei.

Hey, now there's an idea. Wonder why I didn't think of that.