Please help me with streaming - 0AD screen is cropped in OBS Studio

BeTe

Click Settings, Video. Ensure that the base (canvas resolution) and output (scaled resolution) are correct. The base canvas resolution needs to be the same as your monitor resolution in order to play and stream with 0ad in full screen mode. The scaled resolution can be lower if you want to downsample the video stream in order to save CPU and/or bandwidth while streaming.

Then click Window Capture, then (at the top) Edit, Transform, Fit to Screen. This should cause the red box to expand to the full video frame.

You also probably want to add an Audio Input Capture (pulseaudio) for your microphone, and Audio Output Capture (pulseaudio) in order to capture all audio output. Then click Edit, Advanced Audio properties to tune the recording volume and other settings.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1

darn, I figured out. Problem was strange behavior of Game window - when I am focused to another window like OBS, it gets resized and cropped. When I play game, screen gets to fullscreen and OBS stream looks properly. 

Edited by BeTe

BTW i dont use fullscreen. i also have (k)ubuntuu and use obs. i dont like fullscreen.

i resize it by sh-script so it look like fullsceen:

#!/bin/sh

WINDOW_ID=$(wmctrl -l | awk '/0 A.D./ {print $1}'); echo $WINDOW_ID;
wmctrl -i -r "$WINDOW_ID" -e 0,1908,-27,1922,1089;

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BTW2 i don't use fullscreen. i also have (k)ubuntuu and use obs. i don't like fullscreen.

also nice plausibility to resize is using autoKey:

window.activate('0 A.D.')
window.resize_move('0 A.D.', xOrigin=1908, yOrigin=-27, width=1922, height=1089, matchClass=False)

( https://stackoverflow.com/a/73678026/2891692 )

Edited by seeh