0 A.D. Testing: Questions?

Morgan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to create a new thread, so I'll ask here. When will it be released ( uhh sorry for pestering :) ). Also there was some talk of open sourcing the project - Wijtmaker told me ( a while ago ) that it would go open source over the summer. Any chance of that happening?

I don't want to create a new thread, so I'll ask here. When will it be released ( uhh sorry for pestering :lol: ). Also there was some talk of open sourcing the project - Wijtmaker told me ( a while ago ) that it would go open source over the summer. Any chance of that happening?

That is a big big possibility. Wijitmaker and the programmers are spearheading that option and we hope to have something for you this summer. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

It most probably means, that whole source codes would be available for download.

Not big deal fow Windows users, but for Linuxers it means really something.

It allows 0AD to be part of official repositories which would help spread 0AD in Linux community.

Although Linux is used on relatively small number of PCs (although our numbers are growing steadily) it still means some 29 millions of users of Linux.

I did some advertisement in Linux community in Czech Republic and 0AD was highly praised among them.

Yes man,this is definitely one of the top open source games out there and it would be really great if we could play it on linux. You might want to check out TA Springs, that's a really cool open source RTS too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I see a chance to be evil (y) =)

But no, I won't be. :)

The exact details will be decided later, but in general I'd say:

• being active at the forums
  • being able to show some skill at RTS games
  • having a computer that can run 0 A.D. (of course (y) )
  • having enough free time to be able to test the game enough
  • being able to submit bug reports
  • being responsible (hard to check, but anyway, it's something we'll look for in those who'll be a part of the beta testing)
  • and perhaps cookies, lots of cookies :P :P (that would make it non-free though, so forget that :D )

Hmm, I see a chance to be evil (y) =)

But no, I won't be. :)

The exact details will be decided later, but in general I'd say:

• being active at the forums
  • being able to show some skill at RTS games
  • having a computer that can run 0 A.D. (of course :P )
  • having enough free time to be able to test the game enough
  • being able to submit bug reports
  • being responsible (hard to check, but anyway, it's something we'll look for in those who'll be a part of the beta testing)
  • and perhaps cookies, lots of cookies :P :P (that would make it non-free though, so forget that :D )

<Copy and pastes it to Notepad because Microsoft is making me pay for Office 2004 or some crap and now I can't use word (y) >

I was referring to the ones you can eat, but regardless of whether or not you could get them for free it would still not be free since you would pay something to be a part of the beta :lol: And that's not something we'll accept, we're trying not to be corrupt you know :banana:

:lol:

(And regardless of whether you're kidding or not that's another thing, that's for voluntary gifts, it won't affect your chance of being chosen as a beta tester or much else for that matter. It will help to pay for website upkeep and similar stuff, which can bring the release a bit closer (WFG wouldn't work very well without the website etc, at least not in the long run), but for everyone :banana: )

:lol:

(And regardless of whether you're kidding or not that's another thing, that's for voluntary gifts, it won't affect your chance of being chosen as a beta tester or much else for that matter. It will help to pay for website upkeep and similar stuff, which can bring the release a bit closer (WFG wouldn't work very well without the website etc, at least not in the long run), but for everyone :banana: )

Oh! Parenthesis in Parenthesis!

• 2 weeks later...