0 A.D. Testing: Questions?

Morgan

Note to developers: Please use the Quality Assurance Department Forum's "Frequently Asked Questions" thread for your concerns and questions. This thread is for the community.

Those concerned with the latest happenings regarding 0 A.D. should be aware that I will be managing Wildfire Games First-Party Quality Assurance (FPQA) department, including all production-level testing. Any and all questions about testing 0 A.D. should be directed to me. I am working on private and public FAQs documents in order to address concerns from both developers and players.

This thread may serve as a direct link to me for your questions. Please use this thread well, and please do not ask if you can be in the test group.

Do you have any questions concerning 0 A.D. testing?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, why should we have questions when we can't test the game?

If you have any questions about testing (e.g., the lifecycle of a build, the stages of testing, the application process, tester and testing requirements, the testing schedule, how testing works, why testing works, who does testing, where does testing occur, what is actually tested and by who), direct those questions to me through this thread.

By the way, I don't understand what you mean by "we can't test the game". Elaborate, please.

Allow me to translate for you.

Morgan is putting together a FAQ for the Quality Assurance Testing (the group of people that will be basically alpha/beta testing the game - finding bugs and reporting them to the dev team)

If there is anything you would like to know that you think belongs in a Frequently Asked Questions document - now is a good time to ask!

Examples (some of Morgans included):

* How often is a test build released?

* How many hours does it typically take an individual to test a build of the game?

* How do I apply to be a tester?

* What kind of a computer do I need to test with?

* Is there any special equipement/software needed to test?

* How many testers will there be?

I'm sure you can think of more. So if you have any questions about testing the game, tester, or the process of testing - please ask, so that Morgan can type up the answers in the official testing FAQ.

• 2 weeks later...

Say hello to the FAQ. It wants to answer all your simple little questions.

Sorry Morgan...but someone needed to.

That document is outdated and contains incorrect information about testing. This thread is intended to help me gather questions for the new FAQs document specifically regarding testing. The questions by community members here will be answered in far more detail.

So I ask community members to continue inquiring about 0 A.D. testing while ignoring the answers provided on the current and outdated FAQs document that Quacker just posted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple simple questions.

What will be required?, expected? and provided for the quality assurance testers?

I'll expand on those broad questions whilst repeating a few?

System requirements?

Experience?

Skills and prior knowledge?

Is there any geographical/national requirements,(eg, must I be living in the U.S.A or a citizen of, in order to meet the application requirements?)

Number of hours required to dedicate to the project for what period of time?

What training oppetunities, experiences and any other benifits can a tester expect?

When will you begin taking on testers?

More of the same or in the form of another broad question like the first posted, what should I know about Quality Assurance Testing if I'm interested in becoming apart of it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This thread is for asking questions about the beta toph. :P

To answer your question though, I think you mean whats the population cap, it's somwhere between 100-150 I think, could change though.

Or do you mean how many units you can make with a single building at a time? I'll assume there is a building queue but it trains one unit at a time.

• 3 months later...

*Is Multiplayer going to be available in the 1st build ?

*About Blanceing Issues , will the Tester's be required to share there view's on Unit Balance's?

*What are the Minimum Requirement's (what time commitment, previous testing background etc.etc.) to be applicable to become a tester for 0 A.D?

*How many Tester's are you going to need for the 1st build ? (a approx number will do)

*Is Multiplayer going to be available in the 1st build ?

*About Blanceing Issues , will the Tester's be required to share there view's on Unit Balance's?

*What are the Minimum Requirement's (what time commitment, previous testing background etc.etc.) to be applicable to become a tester for 0 A.D?

*How many Tester's are you going to need for the 1st build ? (a approx number will do)

Adding onto this...have the minumum hardware requirements changed much since you posted your faq?

Quite abit :)

General rule is if your computer is fairly modern, you can play it. We would like to support older cards as we promised, and the game is allegedly going to work on Linux so we are going to try and match older hardware, but generally speaking we've added alot of features to the graphics engine that require quite abit of power to run. Effectively you are seeing what we anticipate as what graphics will be like in 2007 or 2008, depending on how long we work we'll continue to update them to what pleases our eye and what our engine is capable of running.

Its gone a long way since 2 years ago when the game looked like this http://www.wildfiregames.com/~art/cheezy/s..._screenshot.jpg <--- and that literally is 2 years ago when development had just started.

Edited by CheeZy