How to make a 0ad AppImage

5 hours ago, hyperion said:
$ ./ActorEditor
/tmp/.mount_ActorEge8Yqx/usr/bin/ActorEditor: error while loading shared libraries: libthai.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@hyperionThanks for letting me know. Ticket created

I'm glad the game part is working for you. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

@hyperionThanks for letting me know. Ticket created

Might not be the same as #2, you only define pyrogenesis as executable and not ActorEditor, so no coping might happen for that reason. Just guesswork.

Also  if the base disto offers wxwidgets 3.2 you might want to opt for that instead, I faintly recall there being a bug / bugs with ActorEditor and 3.0.

PS: The multi-call solution is a nice idea

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hyperion said:

Might not be the same as #2, you only define pyrogenesis as executable and not ActorEditor, so no coping might happen for that reason. Just guesswork.

@hyperionwhich distro do you use.

I added some new info to the ticket

Just curious, do you have 'libthai.so.0' on your system, but in a different location than where the appimage is looking for it?

@hyperionI'm using Manjaro, and it appears that pango is packaged so that libthai is a dependency (explaining why I have it installed even though I don't speak Thai either).

Can you temporarily install libthai, re-run ActorEditor to see if there are any other missing dependencies?

I'm building the appimage with linuxdeploy, and it's got this option: `--library=[library...]            Shared library to deploy` so I can try to specify libthai and any other commonly-missing deps.

24 minutes ago, hyperion said:

@andy5995

A quick test suggest ActorEditor is working now, just a nit

23:57:04: can't open file 'ICON_ActorEditor' (error 2: No such file or directory)
23:57:04: Failed to load image from file "ICON_ActorEditor".

Oh, yeah I get that when I just run ActorEditor normally. So I haven't tried to do anything about it with the appimage.

Thanks for confirming the fix @hyperion. I'm merging the PR to trunk, which means a new release will show up soon. But you don't need it if you have the artifact. The only difference will be the filename.

• Like 1

When I launch the game from the start menu nothing happens, I tried form terminal and get the following.

./0ad-0.0.26-alpha-2210062307-x86_64.AppImage
/tmp/.mount_0ad-0.SF2R7Y/AppRun.wrapped: 11: source: not found

Debian bullseye - Plasma KDE

I should clarify, by nothing happens I mean the app icon shows up for a second in the menu bar then disappears

Edited by dandaman46
Additional info
  • Thanks 1

@dandaman46Thanks for the report. And welcome to the forum.

I'll look into it soon. In the meantime, you could try running it with the `--appimage-mount` option. You should get some output like

`/tmp/.mount_0ad-0.XVxKe6` and no prompt. Then switch over to another terminal, cd to the directory shown in your output, then cd to usr/bin and run `./pyrogenesis`.

After you exit 0ad, you can unmount the appimage by hitting ctrl-c in the terminal where you originally mounted it.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Edited by andy5995