Gameplay Design - Mayans

Lion.Kanzen

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

@Lopess @Duileoga

Aquí vamos hablar de mecánicas de juego.

translated :

Here we are going to talk about game mechanics.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

I don't know how interested you are in helping, you are the genius of the gameplay here.

Buenos días o tardes;

-¿"Mecánicas ", bonus ,tecnologías especiales, movimiento de las unidades y/ o animales...? .

-De momento la facción está cumpliendo todos los requisitos;:)

1. Símbolo facción .
  2. Edificios.
  3. Bonus .
  4. Cronología.
  5. Traducciones .
  6. Unidades .
  7. Tecnologías especiales.
  8. iconos.

-(Hice contenido Extra para el editor de escenarios también) .

-Ahora estoy con la fauna y luego puede que con algo de la flora. Los Mapas no se crear los... pero tengo muchísimas propuestas de escenarios.

@Lopess¿Você que acha?

@wowgetoffyourcellphone ¿What you think, i would like to work with you too?:)

Disculpen las molestias*

• Thanks 1

I think the current mod has too many things. (Creo que el mod actual tiene demasiadas cosas.)

Don't delete anything, but let's see what we can do to streamline the civilization's building and technology layout. (No elimine nada, pero veamos qué podemos hacer para simplificar el diseño tecnológico y de construcción de la civilización.)

First thing to do is to create a complete civilization profile, so that we all can see the current status of the civ. (Lo primero que debe hacer es crear un perfil de civilización completo, para que todos podamos ver el estado actual de la civilización.)

After that, we can decide what to keep buildable in the civilization and what to move to Atlas-only. (Después de eso, podemos decidir qué mantener edificable en la civilización y qué mover solo a Atlas.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think the current mod has too many things. (Creo que el mod actual tiene demasiadas cosas.)

Don't delete anything, but let's see what we can do to streamline the civilization's building and technology layout. (No elimine nada, pero veamos qué podemos hacer para simplificar el diseño tecnológico y de construcción de la civilización.)

First thing to do is to create a complete civilization profile, so that we all can see the current status of the civ. (Lo primero que debe hacer es crear un perfil de civilización completo, para que todos podamos ver el estado actual de la civilización.)

After that, we can decide what to keep buildable in the civilization and what to move to Atlas-only. (Después de eso, podemos decidir qué mantener edificable en la civilización y qué mover solo a Atlas.)

There are also too many units that I'm not sure what role they play.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2022 at 10:09 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

good morning or afternoon; @wowgetoffyourcellphone:)

-The good thing is that there is so much content, it allows to better represent the maya culture(late preclasic-protoclasic). Not everything has to be playable, it can appear in  the Atlas and I even thought that they can appear in a scenario type maps too;(as "El Mirador" as like  a mayan" Jebel Barkal")

-Hahaha, I thought to include some extra things, like creating abandoned Mayan buildings instead of destroyed models ones.

-¿The profile must be of the existing mod?, ¿or of all the content there is?

sorry for the inconvenience*

17 minutes ago, Duileoga said:

good morning or afternoon; @wowgetoffyourcellphone:)

-The good thing is that there is so much content, it allows to better represent the maya culture(late preclasic-protoclasic). Not everything has to be playable, it can appear in  the Atlas and I even thought that they can appear in a scenario type maps too;(as "El Mirador" as like  a mayan" Jebel Barkal")

-Hahaha, I thought to include some extra things, like creating abandoned Mayan buildings instead of destroyed models ones.

-¿The profile must be of the existing mod?, ¿or of all the content there is?

Wow es de Indianápolis.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/08/2022 at 10:09 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Good morning or afternoon;

-I write it in english because it is more international;

(Maybe I made some mistakes with the translation,)

------Common buildings; (19)

1. Civic Center;---------------------------(Ol nuk naj)
2.houses;-------------------------------------(nah)
3.Warehouse;--------------------------------(Kohk nal)
4.Farnhouse;---------------------------------(Mol nal)
5.Orchard;-----------------------------------(Tz'apli)
6.Corral;-----------------------------------(K'al mut tz'i chitam nal)
("the fence where birds, dogs and wild pigs are confined)
In the Mayan corral they are raised;
6-1.Birds(Turkeys and Ducks);---------------(Mut)(turkey-Meleagris gallopavo)
6-2.Dogs;---------------------------------(Tz'i)

7.Port;-------------------------------------(Kayoom nal)
8.Barracks;-------------------------------------( Tok' Pakal nal)
9.Shooting Gallery;----------------------------(Yum nal)
10.Blacksmithing;-----------------------------------(K'al pibil)
11.Temple;----------------------------------(k'uh nah)
12.Market;---------------------------------(K'iwik)
13.Forward Tower;----------------------(Te ichnal)
14.Tower defense ;----------------------(ichnal)
15.Small defense tower;---------------(Ch'at ichnal)
16.Fortress;---------------------------------(Noj Pa' tuun )
17. Palisade;-----------------------------(Te Pa' )"Wooden wall".
18.Wall;-----------------------------------(Pa')
19.(Wonder)-Acropolis;------------------(Chak yotoot)

(Wall gate);----------------------(Pasil Pa' )
(wall tower);------------------------(ichnal Pa')

Absence of ;
1.Stable.
2.Siege workshop.

-----Special or cultural buildings; (8)

19.Ball game court;---------------(Pitz)
("Pitzil" means ball player)
20.Library;-----------------------------------(Hu'un nah)
21.Observatory;-------------------------------(K'inob)
22.Main Temple;-----------------------------(Noj k'uh nah)
23.Pyramid;------------------------------------(Witz)
24.Palace;--------------------------------------(Otooch)
25.Square;---------------------------------------(Naab'i )
26).Colony;-------------------------------------(...)

Mayan Buildings Extras;
(for scenario editor)
1.Gateway:-------------------------------------------(¿?)
2.Arbor;-------------------------------------------(¿?)
3.Triadic structure;--------------------------(¿?)
4.Structure;-----------------------------------(¿?)
5.Aristocratic houses;--------------------------(¿?)
6.Platform;----------------------------------(¿?)
7. Pyramid of El Mirador:--------------------(¿?)

+(8)Avenida ;----------------------------------(Sakbé)
+(9)Tomb;------------------------------------(¿?)

¿What do you think?:)

@Lopess @wowgetoffyourcellphone @Lion.Kanzen @Stan` @Trinketos

• Like 1

Citizens

I'm thinking the Mayans (and Zapotecs; ie the Mesoamericans) could have a unique Citizen concept, similar to the Atlantean citizens from Age of Mythology: The Titans, where the Citizens don't require dropsites. All economic upgrades would be in the Observatory and Market.

Special Buildings:

I suggest keep the most unique special buildings for them and move the others to Atlas-only. The 3 I suggest to keep as buildable special buildings are the Range (replaces the Stable), Ball Court, and the Observatory. I like the design of the Zapotec ball court, so maybe use that model for the Mayan one too (it's the one special building that can tie all of the Mesoamerican civs into the Mesoamerican culture, thematically).

The Ball Court gives an military (+5% attack for foot soldiers) and a cultural bonus (all capturable structures +20% capture points).

The Observatory is where you research all of your economic technologies and maybe 1 extra special technology per phase (total of 3).

Temple:

The current temple model is too small. I suggest make that their Shrine, and then use the "Temple of Masks" model for the new regular Temple.

image.thumb.png.115f63efefc73ec77510fac5216d8260.png

Shrines (left to right): Kushites, Chinese, Italians, Mesoamericans, Egyptians

Doing that, makes the Mayan temple closer in size to the temples of the other civs (see image below):

image.thumb.png.d565b051253f82bee16053fc96854bb0.png

Temples (left to right): Athenians, Han, Mauryan, Ptolemaic, Mayan, Mayan (upgrade)

I'm thinking the Mayan temple could have a special Upgrade ability, similar to how one can upgrade Sentry Towers to Defense Towers. Upgrading a standard temple to a "Sacrificial Temple" gives it an additional aura that very slowly drains the health of nearby enemy units and unlocks 1 extra special technology ("Ritual Sacrifice" which gives Mayan priests the same aura). Can also train the Kanetuki Bell Ringer in the upgraded temple. 

bloody_hands.png.3890dcecc714dc24b8a6f63bf03e8d36.png

Civic Center:

Choose 1 model. I like this one best:

image.png.eba07417b4fcc2634111f8c718e8da48.png

We can put a tile decal beneath it.

Wonder:

It's too big. Scale the model down by about 10% just so it's a little closer in overall visual mass to the other wonder models. 

Units:

Super bright colors need to either be toned down or converted to player color. A lot of the bright colors don't correspond to player color:

image.thumb.png.8601d83ff916e93d1b3151cb45d89986.png

I could help you standardize the colors if you'd like? 

I made a textures/skins/props/standards/maya_infantry_1.png for you too:

image.png.ed7e4c9037d30df834b34a344458e30c.pngmaya_infantry_1.png.c4cd3f6959c27c99cce94156ca5ee723.png

champion_infantry_sumo_sarcedote.xml should probably be champion_infantry_bell_ringer.xml :) 

arrowheads_obsidian.png

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Citizens

I'm thinking the Mayans (and Zapotecs; ie the Mesoamericans) could have a unique Citizen concept, similar to the Atlantean citizens from Age of Mythology: The Titans, where the Citizens don't require dropsites. All economic upgrades would be in the Observatory and Market.

lol, i have the same idea for the incas

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Citizens

I'm thinking the Mayans (and Zapotecs; ie the Mesoamericans) could have a unique Citizen concept, similar to the Atlantean citizens from Age of Mythology: The Titans, where the Citizens don't require dropsites. All economic upgrades would be in the Observatory and Market

It could be.

Special Buildings:

I suggest keep the most unique special buildings for them and move the others to Atlas-only. The 3 I suggest to keep as buildable special buildings are the Range (replaces the Stable), Ball Court, and the Observatory. I like the design of the Zapotec ball court, so maybe use that model for the Mayan one too (it's the one special building that can tie all of the Mesoamerican civs into the Mesoamerican culture, thematically).

That's what I was saying yesterday to Duileoga.

An observation, the Mayans built their temples on top of the previous one.

It would be nice to have a small temple and then a big one.

• Like 1

Sacrificial Temple" gives it an additional aura that very slowly drains the health of nearby enemy units and unlocks 1 extra special technology ("Ritual Sacrifice" which gives Mayan priests the same aura). Can also train the Kanetuki Bell Ringer in the upgraded temple. 

I was thinking about that, horror of contemplating the other civilizations when seeing the human sacrifices.

Units:

Super bright colors need to either be toned down or converted to player color. A lot of the bright colors don't correspond to player color:

I'm going to need @wackyserious

I can fix some textures, but wacky is the expert on textures on models.

Yesterday I was saying the same thing to Duileoga about the animals.

• Like 2

i like the priest warrior.

Several units have to be arranged, which are literally a kind of cavalry without a horse.

There is another thing with the cavalry, but this goes for all the American nations in the period of 0 A.D.

They should be able to access to capture stables and train basic cavalry.

The only thing missing is the existing (living) animal continent and someone to show them how to ride it.

23 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I made a textures/skins/props/standards/maya_infantry_1.png for you too:

image.png.ed7e4c9037d30df834b34a344458e30c.pngmaya_infantry_1.png.c4cd3f6959c27c99cce94156ca5ee723.png

Hello; @wowgetoffyourcellphone

-I like the idea.

-I made a unit for the scenario editor a long time ago("Porta estandartes"-Banner charger), maybe now they're worth it to you.:sweatdrop:

2104327766_UNIDADESPECIAL-Estandartesmayas.png.bb882554a66271c6fc0bbb4ef0acd261.png

-In addition to being more cultural and less generic (You can change the colors since there is a very large variety).:)

references;

2098867947_ciudadmaya-enMiralaHistoria-estandartesysomrbillas.png.bf6416d2fbdb72cc1eaee6971c3ce6a9.png1913471100_ciudadesdelacuencadelMirador-CiudaddeElMirador.png.1ef0e1a52790922d356a379ba9c0b5dd.png1267450182_ciudadconunreyjuntoasombrillayestandarte.png.82aae11c62b632d6b245f2e3488f13d4.png1351407643_estela5izapa-estandartehorizontal.png.8a409b71f35bac39fc8ccba326f02600.png763083478_mercadomaya2estandartes.png.a9385b19a18dc34fe5350c0e170ebb18.png990836216_reyemElmiradorestandartesverticalessinver.png.66090be7b6e260caa1a807d38fb51d58.png1740204344_plazacongentereunida-sombrillasyestandartes.thumb.png.c71d9fd14432d61390a5821ad65ddd59.png139305112_referenciahroesoberanodivinoconestandartesverticales.png.35a2c58dac0c365cae177d068f0abd80.png

(I think the references are not copyrighted,)

-¿What do you think about the idea ?

Sorry by the inconveniênces*

23 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Special Buildings:

The Ball Court gives an military (+5% attack for foot soldiers) and a cultural bonus (all capturable structures +20% capture points).

The Observatory is where you research all of your economic technologies and maybe 1 extra special technology per phase (total of 3).

my idea was something like this;

All buildings;

1087690069_A-iconosparalosedificiosmayas.finalizados.thumb.png.0e5e4bd298203c30f984a3e0cc3f153c.png