Would you use a web-based office?

There has been some talk lately, following a press release about a cooperation between Google and Sun, that Google may be producing a browser-based office suite. I don't know whether that's just hype, but let's play along with that thought for a moment. Basically, you'd go to a website, login, see a list of your documents and be able to edit them via a web interface, similar to the way webmail works, or, come to think of it, the form that I'm writing in right now.

What do you think about it?

My take: I believe there could be a market for it, just like there's a significant market for webmail. Personally, I don't think I'm going to use it, I can't get used to webmail either. It could be nice though, especially for casual users.

Interesting... well, it would certainly help with compatibility, but... I generally don't like to be so dependant on a browser. Also, online stuff is inevitable somewhat slower.

I'd prefer a normal program.

But I'm all for the idea, since it would certainly help kill Microsoft Office... I'm always hearing of compatibility problems, which a web-based thing would circumvent.