cpu lag in game

Wendy22

GPU, as in Graphics; try a right click on your desktop and see if there's a point in the menu like "NVIDIA...", or whatever your GPU might be. You should then be able to click through the stuff and tell it to use the dedicated GPU. If you need more help your exact model and OS would be good to know. (Or again, post your /logs.)

6 minutes ago, Wendy22 said:

my windows is using Nvidia gfx card, how do i check what the game is making use of ?

There should be a Nvidia settings panel. You can also view in task manager. If you can't see Nvidia settings panel or the graphics card doesn't show up in task manager, you need to update your driver. Go to Nvidia official website to download.

Testing for hardware defects involves knowing what the correct functionality looks like, performing experiments and making observations to catch incorrect functionality. Ideally a wide variety of software is used, and components replaced with known-good components in order to eliminate variables. Each experiment should be performed in a controlled manner, meaning that only one variable is varied, and there is a control group (a properly functioning hardware configuration) to compare with.

One can use stress testing or benchmarking software to hopefully make it more likely that one will discover incorrect functionality.

Edited by Norse_Harold

@Wendy22 Can you please record video of correct multiplayer functionality (normal amount of lag) and video of incorrect multiplayer functionality (too much lag), so that we can evaluate the symptoms?

I have a suspicion that you've upgraded your hardware based on the assumption that it would magically improve the normal amounts of lag that are present with 0ad team games.

There are opportunities for making the network code more efficient and less laggy. But, lag during a team game depends on the weakest link in the chain: the player with the slowest hardware and/or the highest latency and packet loss. Reducing lag is a team effort.

Edited by Norse_Harold

35 minutes ago, Norse_Harold said:

One can use stress testing or benchmarking software to hopefully make it more likely that one will discover incorrect functionality.

I believe there are test suites and it is known what score a certain GPU should achieve, while neither the GPU melts nor the PC takes off due to the fans going crazy. Didn't find that quickly and hoped someone knew to point @Wendy22 to it.