Just A Thing

Ornlu

:)

This kinda reminds me of an episode we had at a German AoM website I'm co-administrating... but it was even worse there. Story was this: We have a special VIP-Forum there, which is only intended to be seen and used by staff members for mostly internal stuff. Now, some months ago we had a forumer who continued to spam the forums and annoy the community by offending people. Well, we warned him a couple of times, and when he didn't stop, I banned him. But upon banning, I placed his account in a new usergroup "banned" where he had no rights any more and could only communicate with the admins. Still, someone must have had forgotten to check the VIP-forums permissions and therefore the usergroup "banned" had read-access to the VIP forum... that was quite problematic for us, as this guy then got in there (we didn't know of course) and read threads where we were talking about him and his ban (including some not-so-nice words against him). Well, finally I found it out and took away his access, but it was still kind of an embarrasing incident :)