Connection

HI!

When I play with my home-wifi connection I have no problems with the game. 

But, when I play with my shared-mobile-wifi connection, i can't join games and no one can join my games. 

I have not change anything else. 

the message showing when i try to do it is: 

"failed to connect to the server. this often caused by UPD port 20595 not being forwarded on the host side, by a firewall, or anti-virus software". 

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem and I get why I can't play on mobile network, but I am currently living in a small dorm which has a couple of wi-fi connections provided. I can only join games on one of those which is often very bad. This just started to happen couple of weeks ago and was working fine before. I wonder is there something I can do to fix this?

5 hours ago, reba. said:

I can only join games on one of those which is often very bad. This just started to happen couple of weeks ago and was working fine before. I wonder is there something I can do to fix this?

There might be something that you can do to fix it. Read the FAQ answer to the question "Failed to connect to the server. UDP port 20595 not being forwarded." here (backup link here) . I wrote most of that answer. If you still need help after following the advice there then talk to me on IRC.

Edited by Norse_Harold