Replace Harmya (Palace)

Akira Kurosawa

47 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

Its a nice building, it doesnt need a  lot of space. fits in a lot of places.

Have you ever seen such thin and such small palaces? Maybe it should be renamed? I can't even imagine those ancient Hindus who decided to use such small buildings for their palaces.

Spoiler

456456546.png.0e17a764953d5f804b7043e0996160f8.png

Spoiler

67854.png.acfaedd43bcb811fe083102500736bc6.png

Spoiler

456456546.png.c1b88e54fbbb4c1168ed52af8260fd96.png

Spoiler

456456546.png.9f91d7cbd711f65fe7682e39a1f5d0d6.png

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

easy solution: copy the .dae file for the Mauryan wonder (the great Stupa) and resize it to whatever size you would like in blender. Then, change actor xml file so that it points to your new .dae. This will replace the model without causing OOS. 

<mesh>directory/of/my/new/palace.xml</mesh> 

3 hours ago, Stitch said:

Have you ever seen such thin and such small palaces?

No. I dont care.  A game is for fun, not for simulating the reality.

3 hours ago, Stitch said:

Maybe it should be renamed? I can't even imagine those ancient Hindus who decided to use such small buildings for their palaces.

Maybe it could be renamed, yes

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stitch said:

But how about historical accuracy?

We don't need that. If you want historical accuracy, then the game would literally take years to finish (consider how much time you need to build an empire) and also the Romans and the Macedonians will destroy everyone, which is gg before the game starts. Furthermore, Brits and Gauls never had a fight with the Mauryans. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sevda said:

We don't need that. If you want historical accuracy, then the game would literally take years to finish (consider how much time you need to build an empire) and also the Romans and the Macedonians will destroy everyone, which is gg before the game starts. Furthermore, Brits and Gauls never had a fight with the Mauryans. 

I mean keep "visual" historical accuracy not gameplay :rolleyes: This game does not even have hunger rate for units like Cossacks series.:P

• Like 1

Just now, Stitch said:

"visual" historical accuracy not gameplay

Feel free to make your own meshes, models and textures, we really need those. 

But my style is this:

image.thumb.png.3908c0b7d552323eb704c145bc9ac5d7.png

StarGUI, Kampot playing as the Athenians in Arctic. 

I replaced the white snow with a more gentle version of pink ground, so that it's better for your eyes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stitch said:

I beg you to remake this bus station into a normal palace!

One thing about your visual comparisons: the units are deliberately over-sized, I think three or four times of what they "realistically" should be.

32 minutes ago, Sevda said:

I replaced the white snow with a more gentle version of pink ground, so that it's better for your eyes. 

I guess opinions differ on how "gentle" that pink looks. ;p

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

One thing about your visual comparisons: the units are deliberately over-sized, I think three or four times of what they "realistically" should be.

For in-game building models their (units') sizes looks mostly normal. But some buildings are to small for their "names". That is all. Also the carthage one-level houses are small too and looks just like doll-houses. I think in reality it would be possible to enter such a house only on all fours. As 0 A.D. is a video-game, I think, the visual component is no less important than the gameplay.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

1 hour ago, Gurken Khan said:

guess opinions differ on how "gentle" that pink looks. ;p

Please suggest a colour, I am out 9f ideas. I used pink as a last resort.

Green is great but it would be hard to distinguish arctic from the others.

Maybe mycelium would be good. But back to the topic: @Stitch feel free to resize the .dae files as your please, then show us the end result. I also would like to modernise the look of many buildings as well as change their sizes 

1 hour ago, Sevda said:

resize

I didn't quite mean it. The problem is not the 'scale', but that this "palace" does not look like a "palace". It looks like a garrison or a piece of a citadel wall, but not like a luxurious palace with many rooms. What I see here is more like as if only the vestibule was left of the palace. And the rest of the building was stolen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace

"A palace - is a grand residence, especially a royal residence."

Can you say on this: "It's a grand residence."?

Spoiler

screenshot0002.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by s0600204
Moderation: No discrimination against ethnic minorities, thank you kindly.
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Sevda said:

Please suggest a colour, I am out 9f ideas. I used pink as a last resort.

Green is great but it would be hard to distinguish arctic from the others.

Maybe mycelium would be good. But back to the topic: @Stitch feel free to resize the .dae files as your please, then show us the end result. I also would like to modernise the look of many buildings as well as change their sizes 

@Sevda

Why do the buildings sti have their textures ? IMHO you should replace colors by eco military, same for units full 2x2 transparent texture so that they are player color.

Ironically I don't think the palace was meant to be used I think it was dug from the existing assets. Pureon made it I think. My only grief with it is that it doesn't have the same roof as the others.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m7600 said:

So it's just a coincidence that the current Harmya looks very similar to the first image that I posted? Pureon just modified the original CC without knowing that there is a historical image that looks like his model?

No, the references you posted were definitely used when creating the building set. 100%

1 hour ago, Stan&#x60; said:

Random screenshot

Wjh33.jpg

Cute. Strategic Map? ;)