HD Tivo for only $199 from DirecTV

I just have to share this with you all. :D

As you may know the HD TIVO units were over a thousand dollars last year, and still now at bestbuy or stores are $499. But that is still high priced!

There is a way to get it for only $299, and then a $100 rebate along with 6 months of showtime and other credits.

What you do is call up the DirecTV customer retention program ( 1-800-600-8977 ) its a special phone number that you need to call up and then ask one of the csr reps "so what are the new hd tivo deals around?" or "my friend just got a tivo for 299, can you give me a deal like that?"

It may take 1 or 2 phone calls but you can get a special deal on one of those sweeeeet High Def Tivos. And it helps if you've been with them for a year or so and pay your bills regularly. Most everyone can get this special deal.

Here's proof: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showt...92&page=1&pp=30

It is from the Tivo Community and is a huge ongoing thread about it, and it is also well known on the Home Theater Forum, the Audioholics Forum, AVS Forum and others. :)

(in case you are unfamiliar with the HD Tivo (HR10-250)