Religous Persuasion

What is [i]your[/i] religious persuasion?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is [i]your[/i] religious persuasion?

• Christian (Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, Catholic, Anglican,...)
    • Muslim (Sunni, Shi'a,...)
    • Secular/Irreligious/Agnostic/Atheist
    • Hindu
    • Chinese Traditional
    • Buddhist (Mahayana, Thereavada,...)
    • Natural Religions (Shamanist, tribal religions,...)
    • African/Diasporic
    • Sikism
    • Judaism
    • Baha'i Faith
    • Jainism
    • Shinto
    • Cao Dai
    • Zoroasterianism
    • Tenrikyo
    • Neopagan (Wicca, Asutru, Olympianist,...)
    • Other (Rastafari, Unitarian Universalist, Scientology,...)

I'm in a debate around "Secular/Agnosticist/Atheist" and "Natural Religion".

I'm obviously not an adherant to one of the Book Religions, and even less to those who declare dogmas. I am not neopagan, and do not follow any said "traditional" religion as well.

The reason why I hesitate in front of the Secular choice is that I do have a credo (what I believe) and I have some faith in it. I also am Agnostic, in the sense that I deny the possibility of knowledge about what is metaphysical (beyond Nature, Observation and Experience), but it didn't stop me of having a credo in life. It is atheistic, but not atheist : I do not deny some god, but I deny its relevance in the Universe. My credo relies on the "Existence of the Universe, and its Laws of Physic". I do not worship, but, in some sense, I do honour this credo in a way. It's quite hard to define, and actually, Natural Religion is quite close to the word I would think of it.

Hmm, a distribution of beliefs that is to be expected I suppose. I was hoping there be something really random...more votes to be cast, I guess.

Well Yiuel, I would go with "Agnsotic;" the "Natural Religions" category is for literally what is listed there: Tribal religions and Shamanist, things you might find in Africa before Christianity and Islam come into the picture. Nominally, your right, your are a proponent of a Natural Religion in that it is based on the laws of Physics, i.e. nature and what you can observe, but that category is for something different.

• 2 weeks later...