What Happens During a Game of 0ad?

well @vladislavbelov is cleaning and modernising renderer and rendering pipeline which will help performance a bit plus @wraitii did some multithreading speed ups but there is still a lot work to be done in optimizing the game maybe some inspiration could be taken from this guy https://aras-p.info/blog/2022/07/20/Swallowing-the-elephant-into-Blender/  which currently specializes in optimizations 
@Stan` you can look at his blogposts too if you find some time)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, asterix said:

well @vladislavbelov is cleaning and modernising renderer and rendering pipeline which will help performance a bit plus @wraitii did some multithreading speed ups but there is still a lot work to be done in optimizing the game maybe some inspiration could be taken from this guy https://aras-p.info/blog/2022/07/20/Swallowing-the-elephant-into-Blender/  which currently specializes in optimizations 
@Stan` you can look at his blogposts too if you find some time)

What does this have to do with the profiling @andy5995 did?

6 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What does this have to do with the profiling @andy5995 did?

for example there in 0ad code might scaling badly complexities which can result in bad performance with many objects too since the codebase is over 20+ years old, I looked at his kind of  graph  what consumes most of the time and had a thought that it might be relevant.

On 31/07/2022 at 10:14 AM, andy5995 said:

I added a section to the wiki on how to generate that profiling info

I originally got that info from the Geany project wiki

@Stan`

Thank you :)

Thanks for answering it. I am also wondering what happens during a game of 0ad and I can't find the answer anywhere. I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. I was actually searching for an essay writing service and found write my essay and as well as I found the link to your post where I found my answer. 

Thank you :)

Edited by AnthonyMorrison
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

@Genava55I couldn't find a ticket for that in either the gperftools repo or the graphviz repo

You might want to create one if you believe those results are at all concerning. If you do, could you please post the ticket link here?

I simply scanned the file with virustotal, that's a habit I have, especially with SVG because you can hide malicious script in it easily. 

But in this case I think this is a false positive. I just don't think the script is really necessary, you can see the svg without it.

• 3 months later...
On 31/07/2022 at 12:29 PM, AnthonyMorrison said:

Thank you :)  I know some good law essay help for all students from all over the world. If you have any type of problems during of writing your paper work from college or school, you can easily contact them  https://livepaperhelp.org/ for all questions and help.

I was bored and sick and tired of arguing and playing imba games and OP unit abuse in the lobby. And all those smurf arguments. So I decided to quit this game and enjoy my life while I still can. But what's more boring is spending a summer holiday in Luxembourg locked up in a small flat. I can use this as an excuse to go deeper into France for some entertainment. 

Edited by adamscotthi
  • Sad 1