Custom maps not loading

SolarEagle

I use the Alpha 25b version, and I've installed a few maps found here, like

None appears on the map list, even when choosing the all maps option.

The sole mod installed is the Macedonia Campaign, and I've cleaned the cache at /home/username/.cache/0ad. I'm using Fedora Linux 36 64-bit with Gnome desktop. I first installed maps at /home/username/.local/share/0ad/mods/public/maps, then tried to create subfolders for random maps, skirmishes and scenarios, a modification which didn't change anything.

Cleaning the cache at /home/username/.cache/0ad changed nothing.

Otherwise, the game runs smoothly. It's just the maps don't appear on the list.

Last thing: I installed the SVN version at some point. Did it mess with configuration files or the likes?

Any idea, please!

PS: I made a search before posting. I remember the problem may be related to my message here:

31 minutes ago, SolarEagle said:

I first installed maps at /home/username/.local/share/0ad/mods/public/maps, then tried to create subfolders for random maps, skirmishes and scenarios, a modification which didn't change anything.

You can put them into the user mod.

/home/username/.local/share/0ad/mods/user/

The sub-paths are correct. Create a maps/[random, skirmishes, scenarios] in user/ and put the map files in the right folder.

---------------

Ideally, map files would be distributed after being packaged into a mod file which could then just be opened with 0ad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2