New Map: Aegean Archipelago (Skirmish)

Yavin

21 hours ago, andy5995 said:

It's very nicely designed map @Yavin .

On my system the map takes over a minute to load so I don't think it  will be suitable for inclusion in the community maps mod.

On my PC it is the first map where I have time to read the interesting citations and gaming tips. I do not find the 45s to load - and generate  this map so much an issue.

My System is a Core i9600K with 16G Ram, also not the latest in PC Harware.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frederick_1 said:

On my PC it is the first map where I have time to read the interesting citations and gaming tips. I do not find the 45s to load - and generate  this map so much an issue.

My System is a Core i9600K with 16G Ram, also not the latest in PC Harware.

Thanks for the feedback @Frederick_1

I'll wait for more feedback then before making a final decision. I opened a draft pull request so if anyone wants to pull the branch and test it or leave feedback you can use https://github.com/0ad-matters/community-maps-2/pull/60

@Yavinyou might want to hit "subscribe" on that PR so you'll get notified of changes.

• Thanks 1

Heyo @andy5995! Thanks for responding - I think mine is GTX 10 60 with 3 GB.

Also, thank @Frederick_1 for giving his opinion! :)

6 hours ago, andy5995 said:

you might want to hit "subscribe" on that PR so you'll get notified of changes.

Sorry, you mean subscribing or following this topic / PR in which we write currently or do you mean regarding Github? No problem, I of course can do so but am a little confused.

15 minutes ago, Yavin said:

Heyo @andy5995! Thanks for responding - I think mine is GTX 10 60 with 3 GB.

Also, thank @Frederick_1 for giving his opinion! :)

Sorry, you mean subscribing or following this topic / PR in which we write currently or do you mean regarding Github? No problem, I of course can do so but am a little confused.

@YavinI meant subscribe to the GitHub PR. I'm sorry for the confusion, that is my fault.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I think this is a map that is worth it.

Because there has been some discussion about players too close together when you do not play 4 vs 4 I tried to change this. Therefore I have moved Player 2 to the marshland. Starting conditions for player 1 do stay the same. Player 6 and 7 are also further away. So as skirmish it is possible to play all against each other or 4 teams by two, each with some other difficulties and benefits.

There are also some additional tweaks. The civic centers are better aligned to the positioning grid. And the civilizations with special feature do have one at start. With a minor change in water hight, ships can use the whole water ways.

AegeanArchipelagoFirstEdit_4-more-moved+ROT_WH_mod-SpF.xmlAegeanArchipelagoFirstEdit_4-more-moved+ROT_WH_mod-SpF.pmp

Edited by Frederick_1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys :)

sorry for my late response! I've had a busy time with prom, exams and stuff ... Though I now find time to read your posts! First, thank you @andy5995 for your though work checking this map to all of its possible indelicatenesses and now even putting it into the Commutity maps mod! That's amazing! ;)

Furthermore, thank you @Frederick_1 for keeping the discussion running all the times. I like your little enhancement versions, now even making it possible to play all vs all! Maybe you wanna make another map your own? I think you have what it takes.

Lastly, I wanna add I've permitted myself to make another little version, a third edit if you wanna take it that way (as it's also called that way: Aegean Archipelago Third Edit). It was just playing it in summer some times I recognized some irreguaries - now player 7 has a quarry and the players  5 - 8 have a bit more wood on their side of the mountain. Also, I granted myself permission to embellish the one or other spot on the map, like using the degenerated bridge actor. Additionally I placed some more grass actors. (I also integrated @Frederick_1's idea to make the rivers all ship passable, so thank you for your advise!)

@andy5995You don't need to check everything again using this third version, the second version does also quite well. :)

Cya!

screenshot0022.png

screenshot0021.png

screenshot0023.png

583080004_AegeanArchipelagoThirdEdit.pmp 1138613822_AegeanArchipelagoThirdEdit.xml

• Like 1