Ideas for game

vladolf1984

You could make this game two or three modes, strategy, construction and sandbox.
Of course, it's a matter of time. But distinguished by the fact that the first civilizations in one game in all modes.
A total of five modes: Campaign, online, construction and sandbox.

I liked the game very much, very authentic and even just addictive with its first application, strategy.
Such a free project is even better than the well-known similar games.

• Like 2

Hi @vladolf1984. Welcome to 0ad fourms and 0ad. We already have some of these features available in the game.

• Sandbox AI: You can change the AI difficulty level to Sandbox.
  • Online: You can join the lobby (in menu go to multiplayer than lobby) and play with other online players.
  • Campaign: This is work in progress, but you should try scenario maps. Example Death canon map.
  • Construction: For this allow cheat in the game and use cheat code "gift from the gods". This will give 100k resources (food, wood, metal, stones). All buildings will be unlocked and they will build instantly.

Enjoiy!...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I think there are some big things we can do to promote 0ad, but there are some issues we need to tackle first. For one I am concerned ddos would become a bigger issue if the player count drastically increased. I think if we have a successful naval overhaul, performance improvements, and a really fun slate of balanced civs, that promoting the game could be very successful. In the past people have been very turned off by performance issues.

Its not as fun to play the game at 1 fps as it is 30 because units dont respond as well, the game slows down and it becomes harder 'do things such as queue up the right unit, pan the screen, or keep your hero alive. Most of the performance issues are caused by the lack of threading and ranged unit queries. There has been a multi pronged effort to improve performance this upcoming alpha however, with engine upgrades, better drivers, and some other code optimization I don't know much about.

• Like 1