Discord phishing link, please do not click on it

Recently a server named "Family" has been infecting its members with malicious codes which automatically spams all of their server channels and DMs with duplicates of invite links to this server. The infected user will not realise until someone complains to them about spamming. If you see this invitation, please please DO NOT TOUCH IT and mute the user sending it as well as any server moderator. This phishing server is gaining members extremely quickly and the malware is spreading, so please don't help it rampage any further.

The link looks like this:

IMG_20220726_090821.jpg.be661104f0d92e52bd2a1a882560ddfc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Solution for infected users:

1. Notify everyone that you are infected.

2. Contact server admins to delete the messages and kick you.

3. Change your password, log out of all of your devices then log back in. The hackers will likely lose access to your account.

4. If this does not work, make an alt account. 

2 hours ago, Feldfeld said:

Now i've got to ask, how do these phishing links even work? If by just clicking on a link inside Discord you can lose your account there has to be some serious security vulnerabilities there right? It's not like you give your password after all.

The image is very inappropriate for "family". Clicking on an unexpected invite is unreasonable.

If one suspects a security issue opening a ticket with Discord Inc is the appropriate turn of action. I agree the OP sounds very unlikely to be true but you never know.

3 hours ago, Sevda said:

I'm no expert at Discord, perhaps the person who got infected can answer your question @Yekaterina

... the other me got infected and suggests to create another account on discord if changing password doesn't help ...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hyperion said:

The image is very inappropriate for "family". Clicking on an unexpected invite is unreasonable.

I was alerted by that detail, and also the fact that I received 3 such invites in a 2 hours interval in each and every channel of all but 2 of the discord servers that I am in. 

3 minutes ago, hyperion said:

create another account on discord

That is always the best solution. Fortunately, I haven't been forced to take that step yet. 

1 hour ago, hyperion said:

If one suspects a security issue opening a ticket with Discord Inc is the appropriate turn of action. I agree the OP sounds very unlikely to be true but you never know.

Oh actually I have seen quite a few reports of similar attacks in Discord, and in a long timeframe (months or years) so it sounded quite likely to me, I just wondered what was up then, since everything seems to happen inside a single application, and Discord is huge on top of that.

EDIT: actually NVM,I was probably mixing up with free Nitro typical phishing attack, which have nothing to do with simply inviting in a discord server

Edited by Feldfeld