What is your prefered playing Speed?

Frederick_1

On 04/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, Gurken Khan said:

I, too, don't like the delayed affirmation of input. I think @Stan` explained to me that it is because the command is acknowledged after the current cycle/at the beginning of the next turn or something; so a different mouse won't change that

This is how it feels to me. In combination with the uncertainty whether the PC did get my command or not is one thing that makes playing in higher speed so bothersome to me. When you realize your command is not processed by the system it is often too late (entity killed) or you lost too much time for other tasks.

My hope would be that my PC would get more "command-reliable" so that you can work with more trust to the system.

On 04/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, Gurken Khan said:
On 04/11/2022 at 4:11 PM, LienRag said:

Someone gave me the shortcut to separate wounded units from a lot but I was never able to make it work.

I moved up the slider for when to consider a unit wounded; now when I hit [O] and do an area selection I can get my wounded units out of the battle.

The select wounded command [O]+[Area-Selection] is an example of the uncertainty problem. Often it does not work, when command is executed in normal gesture speed. When I execute the command more thoroughly Pressing the O-key to end stop, wait, select area, release mouse key, an hole O-key rigorous till the end then it works. But it needs too much time in 1x playing. I also can only get it work in slower Speeds.

I tried gaming in 1x speed the last coupe of days, but it seems I do not get any good at it. I played a game in the multiplayer lobby and it was disastrous. Maybe this reminds me why I always avoided computer gaming, albeit having a computer since Commodore C-128. Seems my brain and sensory system is not designed for this issue.

I still do have trouble with the 0ad panning, rotating an zooming behavour. Until I got the view how I need it, it was already too late. Maybe my LCD Display, selected with Image Editing in Mind not caring about monitor response time also an factor. But it seems to me although 0ad had hooked me since Corona I must accept what is not for me.

I tried several training matches on mainland. But my build economy up performance stays still under required level, I can not get the commands fast enough trough the 0AD user interface, when not in 0,1x.

• 1 month later...