Final era + full upgrades.

Akira Kurosawa

2 hours ago, andy5995 said:

Probably. I looked at the deathmatch mod. It looks like the 10ad mod doesn't alter any files that the deathmatch mod alters.

Ah good to know. The question was what to do for tech pairs, and your modifier to set their cost to 0 could be nice.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
12 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

I really hope to see this implementation in the next alpha. Because the development of the city from scratch is simply unbearable.

I don't think so. We are already in the closing period or near of (feature freeze).

In any case A28, if someone starts working on it.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

14 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

I really hope to see this implementation in the next alpha. Because the development of the city from scratch is simply unbearable.:D

you can always just use in-game cheats if you want to do sim-city. just click "cheats enabled" and when the game starts write: "gift from the gods".

6 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

you can always just use in-game cheats if you want to do sim-city. just click "cheats enabled" and when the game starts write: "gift from the gods".

If I'm playing online with another person and we just wanted to save our time by not researching all this bunch of technology, do we need to use a cheat too? I'm surprised you're not suggesting that we should move to the Age of Empires and play with the post-imperial era there.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

1 minute ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

If I'm playing online with another person and we just wanted to save our time by not researching all this bunch of technology, do we need to use a cheat too? I'm surprised you're not already suggesting that we should move to the Age of Empires and play with the post-imperial era there.

your suggestion is nothing new and is understandable.

But as you can see there are more important details such as improving the Pathfinder and the movements of the units.

I don't know who could work on this patch.

This had already been suggested before 2019(?)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

If I'm playing online with another person and we just wanted to save our time by not researching all this bunch of technology, do we need to use a cheat too?

What is wrong with this? With this cheat you save time on everything, including buildings. Cheats can be used online too.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007

5 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

What is wrong with this?

Perhaps the fact that we do not need to speed up construction, but only to get rid of the burden of research?:umnik2: Have you ever played C&C3? Research there does not hang like a dead goose and does not burden the gameplay. And the presence of units there depends only on the presence of the desired building, and not on research, which devours all the accumulated resources. Not only me, but also many other players on other gaming forums consider many prices are too high. Instead of enjoying the result of the research, players have to focus again on collecting resources in order to cover the costs and buy at least 5 "red" soldiers. By the way, the unit preparation time is also too high.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

If the mod is working, why can't it be integrated into the game itself?

Working != Committable. Also the mod is a feature, and we are in feature freeze. There will be no more feature until A27 comes out, only bug fixes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

Perhaps the fact that we do not need to speed up construction, but only to get rid of the burden of research?:umnik2: Have you ever played C&C3? Research there does not hang like a dead goose and does not burden the gameplay. And the presence of units there depends only on the presence of the desired building, and not on research, which devours all the accumulated resources. Not only me, but also many other players on other gaming forums consider many prices are too high. Instead of enjoying the result of the research, players have to focus again on collecting resources in order to cover the costs and buy at least 5 "red" soldiers. By the way, the unit preparation time is also too high.

I am just unsure how much of the game you actually want to play. Researching techs is part of the game and so is building buildings, if you don't want to spend time and resources getting techs I don't see why you would want to wait for buildings to be completed. Well the end of the story is that the best way to achieve free and instant tech researching is with in-game cheats, I am aware that there is a variety of them so perhaps there is another cheat that better suits your interest. As for a mod that you suggest, someone has to make it for it to be there.

5 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

Have you ever played C&C3?

no

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I am just unsure how much of the game you actually want to play. Researching techs is part of the game and so is building buildings, if you don't want to spend time and resources getting techs I don't see why you would want to wait for buildings to be completed. Well the end of the story is that the best way to achieve free and instant tech researching is with in-game cheats, I am aware that there is a variety of them so perhaps there is another cheat that better suits your interest. As for a mod that you suggest, someone has to make it for it to be there.

I already realized that the mod is not ready. As for the game, no one was surprised by the feature I described in the games like the Age of Empires series. Why this is surprising here - I do not understand. Since 0 A.D. was originally made as a mod for the first Age of Empires, I generally thought that the ability to skip eras is basic here. Unfortunately no.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

2 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

I already realized that the mod is not ready. As for the game, no one was surprised by the feature I described in the games like the Age of Empires series. Why this is surprising here - I do not understand. Since 0 A.D. was originally made as a mod for the first Age of Empires, I generally thought that the ability to skip eras is basic here. Unfortunately no.

0AD is actually a different engine.

The problem is that it is not a priority and nobody is thinking about that detail.

At most this has been requested 3 times from 2011-2023, as far as I can remember.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Akira Kurosawa said:

. Since 0 A.D. was originally made as a mod for the first Age of Empires

That's simply not true. It was made by age of empires fans and age of empires modders but they started from scratch because they wanted to make their own game not a clone.

• Like 2