Very strange field sticking near Han city center by Ctrl.

Akira Kurosawa

16 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I was thinking similar to OP's suggestion of a garden or raised flower bed. The side stairs aren't bad, but probably won't alleviate OP's confusion.

Garden might look cliché. Also it's exactly the same footprint as the upgrade, and the stairs are as far from the border as the upgrade

14 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Garden might look cliché. Also it's exactly the same footprint as the upgrade, and the stairs are as far from the border as the upgrade

I'm thinking the empty corners of the footprint also cause visual confusion. I mean, I'm not confused, but there have been enough comments about it that I think it should be filled in somehow I guess. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stan` said:

the same footprint as the upgrade

Now I finally understand what's up with the funky Han CC footprint, lol.

I don't think it's visually clear and confusing at the first encounter, but at some point you gonna see the line for the footprint/realize you can't build too close to the CC.

Maybe the stairs help a bit, but personally I think a basic CC with the same optical footprint as the upgrade would be better, and the latter then gains height/bling.

38 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Add uneven ground and it will look very bad... Also seems like it would be for a much later period.

Well, than maybe some stone ornaments or banners? Lanterns? For night version of CC.

Spoiler

Stone_Sifangcheng.jpg

Spoiler

000cf1a48b7f0ade337129.jpg.a02f4a4cfa22d17836cfc5c676e973ce.jpg

Spoiler

ngcb10

It also could be simple wooden/stone platform/terrace.

Spoiler

de1c74ce1da85f3890b4d0ba54ed9515.png

Edited by DeWynter

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan` said:

That's the wonder. Doesn't solve the corner issue.

Book call it "palace" but ok.

Anyway, when I say "pavilions" I imagine something like that but in "chinese" style. May pavilions solve the empty area?

Spoiler

cvhfgh.thumb.png.ea4707146f64ec47b4bf7d7960e6d16a.png

There are could be wheels from barrows, crates with jade or just road tiles instead of those red flowers...

Spoiler

vincent-ying-towncenters-02.jpg?16028324

Spoiler

5v0k30to7ja61.png.5e0c49ef14248ce8ebbbb4b58bf792e2.png

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

Whatever it is, I think nothing better than the pavilions will cope with the problem of empty corners. They can even be placed on a stone foundation if it is too high off the ground. Otherwise - "cliched" flower beds or gardens only. Also on a stone foundation.

Edited by Akira Kurosawa

• 2 weeks later...