MACEDONIANS (Maybe Romans): Training Mercs from captured CC's.

Dizaka

19 hours ago, Darkcity said:
  1. Product perspective was my understanding of how UI will be complicated. Attaching a screenshot of the same. If you have 2 different types of units under a player and you select them then what will you see. You can so the buildings they can build, the panel is full. Don't we need this special handling if any units can be trained by any civilization? Cosider a case where 3 or more civilization units are there.

923199824_Screenshot(162).thumb.png.b110236edd3640e5eb66cb173488ad17.png

I just verified that if you select units from different civs controlled by the same player the icons duplication doesn't happen. However, it seems that some civ-specific buildings can leak to the available list with the civ-specific units. this is avoidable because it doesn't happen with mercenaries. 

30 minutes ago, alre said:

I just verified that if you select units from different civs controlled by the same player the icons duplication doesn't happen. However, it seems that some civ-specific buildings can leak to the available list with the civ-specific units. this is avoidable because it doesn't happen with mercenaries. 

This is because the builder list is not used consistently in the templates. If it was, then this would not happen. 

I was thinking of doing something like that with the Mayans.

In fact it is good to create hybrid units.

Like Mayan pikeman. This existed in real life in the conquest.

If the contact with the new world had been given before, in the Hellenistic era, it would have been the same. The Mayans capture a man and he teaches to them how Greek combat.