0 A.D. Mod List

Grapjas

0 A.D. Trac Mod List

Introducing a new way to get more visibilty for your mods, you can now get featured on Trac. 

The idea is that modders- if interested- add their own mod to the page on Trac and we get a nice list together. 

Gonna tickle some modders to possibly spark some interest @nani@Langbart@azayrahmad@wowgetoffyourcellphone@Lopess@andy5995@Lion.Kanzen@maroder@LetswaveaBook@Stan`@wackyserious@asterix (unpinged people welcome too ofc)

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/07/2022 at 2:12 PM, Grapjas said:

Introducing a new way to get more visibilty for your mods, you can now get featured on Trac. 

The idea is that modders- if interested- add their own mod to the page on Trac and we get a nice list together. 

Gonna tickle some modders to possibly spark some interest @nani@Langbart@azayrahmad@wowgetoffyourcellphone@Lopess@andy5995@Lion.Kanzen@maroder@LetswaveaBook@Stan`@wackyserious@asterix (unpinged people welcome too ofc)

I believe the game needs more action in p2 instead of being a race to get the benefits of p3 as soon as possible.

Therefore I made a mod that moved the tier 2 upgrades in the forge to p2. It is available on mod.io

However I isn't easy to convince players in the lobby to play some games with the mod. I think it is sad, as we can't decide if we currently have the best setup or whether improvements are possible.

• 1 month later...
On 23/07/2022 at 12:53 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

I believe the game needs more action in p2 instead of being a race to get the benefits of p3 as soon as possible.

Therefore I made a mod that moved the tier 2 upgrades in the forge to p2. It is available on mod.io

However I isn't easy to convince players in the lobby to play some games with the mod. I think it is sad, as we can't decide if we currently have the best setup or whether improvements are possible.

they need units that are pseudo siege(role)

They fire incendiary missiles.

More technologies That they allow you not to move so fast and take time. The game having 3 phases is very simplistic.

The requirements are very simple, there should be more requirements such as technologies and number of soldiers or population.

It's literally not AOE. So it should be more difficult, I mean a little layer of complexity.

On 23/07/2022 at 12:53 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

It would be nice if the mod manager could download mods and maps with trusted players. That way they could be shared faster.

1 hour ago, go2die said:

The process of registration mod to mod.io is so complicated and benefit is 0 for modder. Too much effort for nothing => most modders simply wont include it there.

Uploading a mod there and asking Itms seems straightforward, what's the issue?

1 hour ago, go2die said:

Trusted or not trusted there will always be way to get "bad mod".

Sure. But less likely to have a mod that wrecks your computer.

1 hour ago, go2die said:

Also compatibility of mods accross alfas is terrible, if you want serious modders probably needs also serious environment. It is not complaining this is fact. 

Yeah that's a problem. That's also the reason we'restill in alpha.

10 minutes ago, go2die said:

It requires additional time of modders - to read all documentation HOW TO get mod to mod.io

To be fair, you already have to do a bit of reading anyway to understand how to mod the game. 

11 minutes ago, go2die said:

In addition it probably requires create another account in different website.

Accept their ToS (which is not same as 0ad game) and might be unacceptable by modders (for me at least point 4 and 8)

No strong argument here other than you being able to give a fake birth date.

11 minutes ago, go2die said:

Any update needs to be uploaded manually (why i would bother too much effort), is there way to automate it maybe directly from git?

I think @wraitii worked that out for the A26 community balancing mod, you can do it with a token. .gitlab-ci.yml · main · Lancelot de Ferrière / 0 A.D. Community mod - A26 · GitLab

12 minutes ago, go2die said:

If signing mod in general would be preffered solution, I expect non-signed mod would not work in real environment of the game.... (none!) it would also resolve many issues. I have no clue how many bad mods exist as you mentioned them, is it reall issue or yet hypothetical?

Well we could restrict them, but then you wouldn't be able to mod the game from a release version, you'd have to have a dev copy or at least make it think you have.

We can't force people to not download mod from the internet we can however control the ones we provide through the game. All mods should probably with a disclaimer;

14 minutes ago, go2die said:

I have no clue how many bad mods exist as you mentioned them, is it reall issue or yet hypothetical?

It's an issue with regard to liability. But IANAL.