Restriction on multiplayer game names

Darkcity

There are many problems on how multiplyers game names are mentioned by the players. We need to put follwoing restrcition on the game name.

1. Character limit: The game name shouldn't be longer than 50 chatacters (atleast not >100). Some people fill in the screen with game name.
  2. Profanity check: We should check for profanity in game name hosted by the player. If someone is using profanity in it then he should have same penality as lobyy profanity usages.

I think these basic changes should be there. @Stan` what do you think?.

• Like 1

According to the code max_length is 256.

https://github.com/0ad/0ad/blob/master/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml

<object name="hostServerName" type="input" size="50%+10 40 100%-20 64" style="ModernInput" max_length="256">
	<action on="Load">
		this.caption = getDefaultGameName();
	</action>
</object>

Copy pasting 

1iRxTqgcZJ8p6QrvodHmbcWdz5UxTWhg3rbL5UUNoYtpiM2kb9NyKbG7oqBU5KLo4V3uQJxktySIz9snnVJVF5eZZnYBP7WX5DuukBAXfssLNWTxxTB8Vf26dWlK9fZ0EwX4o7K6wBauDJyKN0QGTbzReYKwSCbaUpufkZlGwNAJWEbZYOhGO8SgASvk8twI4L2uIRtWAr4816fuoKPhitn3VJPgInsyzDxqSJr46M7PoMqxE75PUEjz2E1eY67iQ

Stops at i.

11 minutes ago, Darkcity said:

Profanity check: We should check for profanity in game name hosted by the player. If someone is using profanity in it then he should have same penality as lobyy profanity usages.

@rossenburg @Dunedan @user1 can we have a bot for this ?

7 hours ago, Stan&#x60; said:

According to the code max_length is 256.

https://github.com/0ad/0ad/blob/master/binaries/data/mods/public/gui/gamesetup_mp/gamesetup_mp.xml

<object name="hostServerName" type="input" size="50%+10 40 100%-20 64" style="ModernInput" max_length="256">
	<action on="Load">
		this.caption = getDefaultGameName();
	</action>
</object>

Copy pasting 

1iRxTqgcZJ8p6QrvodHmbcWdz5UxTWhg3rbL5UUNoYtpiM2kb9NyKbG7oqBU5KLo4V3uQJxktySIz9snnVJVF5eZZnYBP7WX5DuukBAXfssLNWTxxTB8Vf26dWlK9fZ0EwX4o7K6wBauDJyKN0QGTbzReYKwSCbaUpufkZlGwNAJWEbZYOhGO8SgASvk8twI4L2uIRtWAr4816fuoKPhitn3VJPgInsyzDxqSJr46M7PoMqxE75PUEjz2E1eY67iQ

Stops at i.

@rossenburg @Dunedan @user1 can we have a bot for this ?

Possible

On 11/07/2022 at 6:40 PM, Stan&#x60; said:

can we have a bot for this ?

I believe reporting and having mods deal with it is the better way to handle that.

When talking about writing code, I'd rather prefer reporting functionality directly integrated into 0ad to make it easier to report offenses with all contextual information already attached in a standardized way.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dunedan said:

I believe reporting and having mods deal with it is the better way to handle that.

When talking about writing code, I'd rather prefer reporting functionality directly integrated into 0ad to make it easier to report offenses with all contextual information already attached in a standardized way.

Does Xmpp allow that somehow?

7 hours ago, Stan&#x60; said:

Does Xmpp allow that somehow?

You can transport arbitrary data over XMPP, so that would certainly be possible using XMPP. However, any webservice exposing an HTTP-endpoint to submit such information to would do as well.