Game speed and further development

Hi guys.

I am quite new in the community  and I like the game so far. However, after building many units it starts to lag a bit. 

So I am wondering if there are discussions to make this game more similar to AOE 2 which I hope would make it less resource heavy. Or is there plan to speed it up?

It's very boring in mid/late game when it starts to happen but I like game in general...

1 hour ago, BeTe said:

However, after building many units it starts to lag a bit. 

That's a known problem, but mostly for MP. Are you a single player? First thing I usually recommend is to make sure that the game runs on the dedicated GPU. (Are you playing on a laptop?) You might also check the "lagging" part of https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/FAQ

Yes, single player. I turned off all possible effects in game settings and followed tutorial on above page. I have slow PC/lap-top indeed, but I guess to get more players it should work on most possible PCs.

Also maybe there are maybe too many units. In AOE2 people make much less than 100pop in 10 mins... Less units would speed up things?

My PC is HP 620 lap, dual core 2.3Ghz, Ubuntu 18. Not sure about graphics card, it's default.

I just spectated a game, and for me and other spectators it started to lag during engagement. Idk, maybe lag is more common then you think. 

Yeah, not sure if pop limit 100 - 150 would help... :) 

I know it's hard to optimize without enough developers. I just tried to give some ideas... 

1 minute ago, BeTe said:

I just spectated a game, and for me and other spectators it started to lag during engagement. Idk, maybe lag is more common then you think. 

Oh, no lag very much exists, but it really depends on the number of players, complexity of the models, and number of units.

2 minutes ago, BeTe said:

Yeah, not sure if pop limit 100 - 150 would help... :) 

The more people the more lag.

2 minutes ago, BeTe said:

I just tried to give some ideas... 

Thank you :)