Loot when destroying a building in Construction-Phase

Frederick_1

I think there are so many edge cases and event tracking that will be needed. Example: It is a 2v2, P1 & P2 Vs P3 & P4. P1 is building house H1(cost 100 wood) that is 50% completed, and P3 &P4 comes to P1 base.

Following scenarions are possible. 

1. P3 destroys the H1. In that case he should get the 25% loot (50% of 50%) i.e., 25 wood.
  2. P3 destroys 30% progress of the building, hence house is 20% complete. if P1 destroys it, then what is the loot distribution? Ideally no loot to P3 and 50% (50 wood) to P1.
  3. P3 destroys 30% progress and P4 destroy 20%. Who gets how much resouces? If we do split between P3 & P4 then extra caculations are added. To simplify we can give all to last player who destroyed it but the even of last time building (50% completion) need to tracked.
  4. P3 attacking the house but P1 keep on building. In such cases what is referece event for the loot? Last build % like 5%?
  5. P1 resigns while before p3 could desrtoy the building. Ideally no loot in this case.
  6. Loot applied for 0% completed buildings?
  7. Does building destroy by watch tower's arrow applicable for loot?
  8. P3 & P4 attacking together then how the loot is shared? based on damage dealt? 
  9. What if condition 4 and condition 8 is happening together?

There are many edge cases which will require handling. Which will make it complex. I think we can live with current loot system, this will only add complexities. @Stan` @borg- thoughts? 

For me it was something courious, the enemy getting loot, when I destroyed his half finished house. I was fighting him down, and not having resources so that I can take his civic center with a small unit. So it puzzled me where he was getting resources from to train a garnison. In replay I saw it was this loot effect. I already learned there is no point in destroying not yet build construction sites. Now I neet to take care that my people do also not attack half built ones.

@Frederick_1 Maybe it's a bit of consolation that a better opponent might do it anyway?

Totally unrelated: I had it happen that I "extinctified" my neighboring enemy (killed all units, let the infrastructure sit until I have a real army to take it over) and then my stupid AI ally "launches an attack", basically meaning ~two dozens of his units getting shot by the CC; thus giving the enemy enough loot to spawn new units... :rolleyes:

It is not unrelated. It is the same happend to me.  Altough It was not the stupid AI Ally, it were my own stupid folks, which are too keen to destroy anything. I was busy avoiding them to fight a new building lot, but was not aware half built construction site also gives them loot revitalizing an otherwise already eliminated enemy.

On 05/07/2022 at 5:28 PM, Stan` said:

@Freagarach ticket worthy?

Aye.

On 06/07/2022 at 3:25 PM, Darkcity said:

I think there are so many edge cases and event tracking that will be needed. Example: It is a 2v2, P1 & P2 Vs P3 & P4. P1 is building house H1(cost 100 wood) that is 50% completed, and P3 &P4 comes to P1 base.

Following scenarions are possible. 

1. P3 destroys the H1. In that case he should get the 25% loot (50% of 50%) i.e., 25 wood.
  2. P3 destroys 30% progress of the building, hence house is 20% complete. if P1 destroys it, then what is the loot distribution? Ideally no loot to P3 and 50% (50 wood) to P1.
  3. P3 destroys 30% progress and P4 destroy 20%. Who gets how much resouces? If we do split between P3 & P4 then extra caculations are added. To simplify we can give all to last player who destroyed it but the even of last time building (50% completion) need to tracked.
  4. P3 attacking the house but P1 keep on building. In such cases what is referece event for the loot? Last build % like 5%?
  5. P1 resigns while before p3 could desrtoy the building. Ideally no loot in this case.
  6. Loot applied for 0% completed buildings?
  7. Does building destroy by watch tower's arrow applicable for loot?
  8. P3 & P4 attacking together then how the loot is shared? based on damage dealt? 
  9. What if condition 4 and condition 8 is happening together?

There are many edge cases which will require handling. Which will make it complex. I think we can live with current loot system, this will only add complexities. @Stan` @borg- thoughts? 

The highest construction percentage is already stored, so 1, 2, 3 (all to destroying player, just like all other loot), 4, 7, 8, 9 are good. Regarding 5: when P3 destroys the H1 of gaia, they'll get loot.

Ergo, the highest percentage of construction finished should be used to calculate the loot, just like with finished structures (100% finished, so 100% loot).

13 minutes ago, Freagarach said:

Aye.

The highest construction percentage is already stored, so 1, 2, 3 (all to destroying player, just like all other loot), 4, 7, 8, 9 are good. Regarding 5: when P3 destroys the H1 of gaia, they'll get loot.

Ergo, the highest percentage of construction finished should be used to calculate the loot, just like with finished structures (100% finished, so 100% loot).

If you do provide loot to partially constructed buildings then partially constructed buildings should be destroyed at the same rate as already constructed buildings. Currently, partially constructed buildings get destroyed much faster than already constructed buildings. 

Or you can provide some lower loot rate because it is so easy to destroy partially constructed buildings. 

I am personally in favor of the later option and not changing the ease with which partially constructed buildings are destoryed.