Petra not using healers and formations while defending the base.

nest

I played some matches with AI. The following are my observations. I choose to play medium difficulty.

• It doesn't use healers or priests
  • When I attack Petra base, Normally I stationed my army just outside, mostly compromising archers, healers and javelin. Instead of attack my army group with formation, it send soldiers one by one, most of them killed my archers and javelin. So it is easy win for me.
  • Could someone share your experience, how to use formations, which formation used in which scenario.  Does formation used to attack enemy or only for march. 

This game really good. If you start crowd-funding, I will donate

Petra needs some work indeed, but maybe you'll have more fun if you up the difficulty. In regards to formations, they are mostly used to gather units that are far away sprint to a certain location, reducing the chance to get hit in the process. So it's more of a dancing mechanic. It's also useful if you have slow units in your army, so that they won't be left behind because they are likely your meatshield.

3 hours ago, nest said:

This game really good. If you start crowd-funding, I will donate

0 A.D. | A free, open-source game of ancient warfare (play0ad.com)

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 2

On 02/07/2022 at 3:24 PM, Grapjas said:

0 A.D. | A free, open-source game of ancient warfare (play0ad.com)

I tried with paypal & Debit/Credit card options. For both I can't donate from India. Is there any other way around

image.png.a602151870198a416521fdcb10265551.png