Error = "failed requirement: Mesh is made of triangles"

LordStark

Hi team, 

I took the polish civil centre of BigTigers 13th century mod and removed part of the model in blender so it just looks like a tower. I then saved it as "lordstower" and made an actor file for it. 

When I went to view it in the Scenario Editor it came up with an error =  "failed requirement: Mesh is made of triangles"

I followed the tutorial here with a few adjustments: Basic3DImplementation – Wildfire Games

Adjustments:

1. I saved lordstower.dae in art\meshes\structural

2. I did not texture/UV Wrap the model because the original create has already textured the model. I already have all the files/textures for the original model in place because I am using the town centre model in my mod.

3. I copied the actor file for the polish civil centre instead of the world_crate_test actor file because I expected the polish civil centre actor file to already been complete (it is working for my town centre already.

For context, my overall aim is for the game to start with the tower only and then have the player upgrade to the full civil centre model. 

scenario errors.png

19 minutes ago, nifa said:

It says you can't use quads and that you'd have to triangulate your mesh, isn't that outdated?

It's still correct. Blender handles the triangulation for you. But in some cases you might want to triangulate it yourself.

It worked! This absolutely awesome. Two final questions. Does anyone know how to remove the "shade" of the now removed building?

Also, there is a stony ground texture attached which is occupying the position of where the other part of the building is - can this be removed? 

Tower Shadow.png

31 minutes ago, LordStark said:

Also, there is a stony ground texture attached which is occupying the position of where the other part of the building is - can this be removed? 

Yeah you need to rebake the AO map.

Remove the decal from the actor.