Kite shield model - Are there any units ingame or in mods that have a Kite shield?

LordStark

Hi everyone,

I would like to make a Knight that has a Kite shield for my personal mod. For the Knight I was using a chain mail clad spearman from the Millennium AD mod. The only problem is that the spearman has a round shield and I need the shield to look more like a Kite to differentiate between my Knights and scout cavalry. Does anyone know of a unit within 0AD or a unit in some other mod that would have a Kite shield that I could then give to my spearman to make them look more like a Knight?

Example:

17d0d4c9b4028531a5c3e58959e865d3.jpg

Actually, please let me know if you know of any mods or vanilla units/structures that have a more medieval type look to them that are already ingame. I am familiar with the Pony mod which has medieval type castle assets. I have also recently discovered that the Scyth faction in 0AD DE has a medieval type keep ingame.

Most of the stuff I am working with for units has come from the Norse faction of the Millennium AD mod which I use to create all my chain mail type units with. For structures I have used the castles from the Pony mod.

I am not aware of any other mods out there with more medieval type features.

Actually, it would be cool if there were Crusader type assets out there as well...

On 26/06/2022 at 9:28 AM, LordStark said:

Hi everyone,

I would like to make a Knight that has a Kite shield for my personal mod. For the Knight I was using a chain mail clad spearman from the Millennium AD mod. The only problem is that the spearman has a round shield and I need the shield to look more like a Kite to differentiate between my Knights and scout cavalry. Does anyone know of a unit within 0AD or a unit in some other mod that would have a Kite shield that I could then give to my spearman to make them look more like a Knight?

Example:

17d0d4c9b4028531a5c3e58959e865d3.jpg

Actually, please let me know if you know of any mods or vanilla units/structures that have a more medieval type look to them that are already ingame. I am familiar with the Pony mod which has medieval type castle assets. I have also recently discovered that the Scyth faction in 0AD DE has a medieval type keep ingame.

Most of the stuff I am working with for units has come from the Norse faction of the Millennium AD mod which I use to create all my chain mail type units with. For structures I have used the castles from the Pony mod.

I am not aware of any other mods out there with more medieval type features.

Actually, it would be cool if there were Crusader type assets out there as well...

I'm planning to make 13th-14th century European assets but I am currently on a hiatus, for the kite shields, I believe we also have them in Millennium AD..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

I'm planning to make 13th-14th century European assets but I am currently on a hiatus, for the kite shields, I believe we also have them in Millennium AD..

We already have quite a few from big tigers's mod

• Like 3