Early Hominids Mod

lukamas

Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous idea, but since 0AD is a historical civilizations game, I am making a mod to explore Early Hominids in Africa, I think it would be cool to explore the lineage of our ancestors evolving in prehistoric Africa, in a mod, Sorry if sounds like a ridiculous idea, but I am doing this mod so I can not only make a mod for 0AD of this, but to allow me to explore early hominids and make some interesting models, and landscapes in Atlas and Blender, just thought I would tell you guys I am in the works of making this, any ideas are welcome for this project!

Now I already have the plans laid out of how to portray them in a mod, but I am making different maps based on location and research of where they evolved in, and what weapons and tools they used, I am also using mixed textures of real animal images obviously using CC-BY-SA and Public Domain to create Mammals that lived alongside our ancestors. But yeah I am in the early stages of this project, and I hope to eventually release it after the loads of research I am doing to apply with the 0AD engine's limitations, but I am a huge expert and really into research on early hominids, and I look forward to sharing some pics with you guys, I look forward to your ideas and I will be showing some pics soon!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, lukamas said:

Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous idea, but since 0AD is a historical civilizations game, I am making a mod to explore Early Hominids in Africa, I think it would be cool to explore the lineage of our ancestors evolving in prehistoric Africa, in a mod, Sorry if sounds like a ridiculous idea, but I am doing this mod so I can not only make a mod for 0AD of this, but to allow me to explore early hominids and make some interesting models, and landscapes in Atlas and Blender, just thought I would tell you guys I am in the works of making this, any ideas are welcome for this project!

Now I already have the plans laid out of how to portray them in a mod, but I am making different maps based on location and research of where they evolved in, and what weapons and tools they used, I am also using mixed textures of real animal images obviously using CC-BY-SA and Public Domain to create Mammals that lived alongside our ancestors. But yeah I am in the early stages of this project, and I hope to eventually release it after the loads of research I am doing to apply with the 0AD engine's limitations, but I am a huge expert and really into research on early hominids, and I look forward to sharing some pics with you guys, I look forward to your ideas and I will be showing some pics soon!

This is a good idea! I believe the entire base already exists here, some new 3d models. If you need help getting started with coding, I can help with tips.

• Like 1

Sounds good, I am open to tips on this, since I am busy working on the first hominid for the mod, Sahelanthropus Tchadensis which will be made alongside a map of the Djurab Desert in Chad, North/Central Africa where fossils were found. with some possible animals made to coexist in the same environment as Sahelanthropus in which I am yet to research.

Each map in the mod is going to be location based on where fossils were found mainly for each hominid.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lukamas said:

Sounds good, I am open to tips on this, since I am busy working on the first hominid for the mod, Sahelanthropus Tchadensis which will be made alongside a map of the Djurab Desert in Chad, North/Central Africa where fossils were found. with some possible animals made to coexist in the same environment as Sahelanthropus in which I am yet to research.

Each map in the mod is going to be location based on where fossils were found mainly for each hominid.

I really imagined it would be something more "modern" lol. This makes it much easier in the construction part, I believe that in this case it would not exist. What would the imagined gameplay be?