Balancing the Han

17 小时前,斯坦` 说:

@AIEND ,我认为归结为:

• 我们应该取消弩骑兵吗?
  • 我们是否应该有一个使用gastaphrete弩的步兵冠军弩手。

1. Crossbow cavalry should be abolished.
2. There should be a citizen infantry crossbowman using a common crossbow.
3. There should be a champion infantry crossbowman using "JueZhang".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AIEND said:

Do you have a reference so I can make the model ? Those seem small

Afficher l’image source

Current small one

image.png

Will reuse this guy's animation for now. Unless someone finds me a capable animator.

image.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stan` said:

你有参考,所以我可以制作模型吗? 那些看起来很小

查看源图像

目前小一

图像.png

现在将重用这家伙的动画。 除非有人认为我是一个有能力的动画师。

图像.png

"蹶张JueZhang" or "踏张TaZhang", the main feature is that it is larger than the general crossbow, but there is no obvious difference in structure.

931531841_.jpg.e538235559997e92c1b3519d6aaf5d22.jpg150742551_3.png.f88cca288035a6816b9f92e369c82e40.png316685708_2.png.9e446367c035325ec83259ed2fc95c18.png1914361102_4.png.8e51f17157858d89fbe25dc6810c919e.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 14/07/2022 at 10:04 AM, Stan` said:

@AIEND, I think it boils down to:

• Should we remove crossbow cavalry?
  • Should we have an infantry champion crossbowman using the gastaphrete crossbow.

On 15/07/2022 at 3:18 AM, AIEND said:

1. Crossbow cavalry should be abolished.
2. There should be a citizen infantry crossbowman using a common crossbow.

Yeah, I think this is the best approach. The cavalry crossbowman seems problematic in too many areas.

Should the cavalry crossbow hero also be made a foot soldier?

7 小时前,real_tabasco_sauce 说:

是的,我认为这是最好的方法。 骑兵弩手似乎在很多方面都有问题。

骑兵弩英雄也应该成为步兵吗?

Usually horses or chariots, if it is an emperor like Liu Bang, he may ride a chariot. If it is Wei Qing, a general should be riding a horse, and their weapons can be bows and arrows or Ji.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

there is a chinese movie with this scene or kind of representation.

I know it looks exaggerated but it's not a bad example of something real.

Do you have any audiovisual/ video source?

The animators are not enough to see as drawings, they need to see how it moves, how the limbs are positioned.

our last animator Alexander MB he always asked for examples of movement, sometimes I gave him examples of total war  or from reenactors.

2 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

我知道它看起来很夸张,但这并不是真实事物的一个坏例子。

你有任何视听/视频来源吗?

动画师不足以将其视为图纸,他们需要看到它是如何移动的,四肢是如何定位的。

我们的最后一位动画师 Alexander MB 他总是要求提供运动示例,有时我会给他提供全面战争或重演者的示例。

It's a pity that the crossbow is a controlled weapon in China. I can't find a reliable demonstration video, but the European crossbow has a similar method of use. I saw a video like this on Bilibili:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Mv411T7tF?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=2663ebbf44c70d76f9642aab41b719ad

It should be noted that the pull distance of the Chinese crossbow is longer than that of the European crossbow. For this point, you can refer to the picture of the stone carving above.

3 hours ago, AIEND said:

It's a pity that the crossbow is a controlled weapon in China. I can't find a reliable demonstration video, but the European crossbow has a similar method of use. I saw a video like this on Bilibili:https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Mv411T7tF?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=2663ebbf44c70d76f9642aab41b719ad

It should be noted that the pull distance of the Chinese crossbow is longer than that of the European crossbow. For this point, you can refer to the picture of the stone carving above.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.

• 3 weeks later...

An alternative/addtional patch we might consider if the crossbow is too powerful in p1 is changing the cost to 50 food 40 wood 10 metal. I think the crossbow will be the best anti-rush unit since it has good range and high immediate damage, so for example if a 5 javcav rush comes to your woodline at 4-6 minutes you are certain to kill at least one each time they come in range.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the current Han Dynasty with a few Chinese players, and I'll summarize some of the comments I made earlier.
1. Aside from the fact that the rice fields should be millet fields, the fields can only accommodate 3 people. Some players feel that this operation is more troublesome, and the upper limit of the number of people working in the fields is not the familiar 5 or multiples of 5.
2. I don't know why the citizen soldier swordsman was deleted, I thought it should be a combination of swordsman and JI.
3. The names of the palace and the official hall should be reversed. In China, the palace means the central government, and the official hall is the local government. At the same time, the academy that can train soldiers does not exist in China. The academy should be abolished and the champion units and heroes should be placed in the palace. (Champion soldiers should also unlock training in stables and barracks).
4. Now the soldiers lack Chinese dubbing, I can find someone to record it, but I hope someone can provide a list of voices.