What is this "zhanchuan" thing?

AIEND

1213.png.f42b05bdfe112d82cabb04a5ecf5286b.png

Chinese history does not have this kind of ship, Chinese warships to the enemy ship impact, generally is the use of the ship volume height difference for "冲犁chongli", that is, similar to modern icebreakers to destroy the ice way to destroy the enemy ship.

5 hours ago, AIEND said:

Chinese history does not have this kind of ship, Chinese warships to the enemy ship impact, generally is the use of the ship volume height difference for "冲犁chongli", that is, similar to modern icebreakers to destroy the ice way to destroy the enemy ship.

from the osprey, I think it is the Zhan xian or Dou xian mentioned at the page 15, based on "Wu Jing Zong Yao" document made around 1044 you already mentioned before

24 minutes ago, AIEND said:

The illustrations in the Ancient China section of Osprey Publishing are notorious in China and we do not recommend referencing them at all.

Yeah obviously we need to be careful with Osprey. I know that those books can be really bad depending the topic.

Edited by Genava55

1 分钟前,Genava55 说:

从鱼鹰看,我认为是第15页提到的战仙或斗仙,基于您之前提到的1044年左右的“吴敬宗尧”文档

So far, the only diagrams of Chinese warships that can be referred to are those after the Song Dynasty.

I have basic ancient books as well as modern research materials in my possession, but in Chinese.

271323228_()(z-lib.org).pdf 1136183969_.pdf 389120430_.27.pdf