Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

35 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-gaiaspqr.jpg.d11702e10f046e52ccc1d7099fe01af7.jpg

I think it would be nice if Gaia had their own flag.

16 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

I thought it had. But it's not wanted that it's (always) used?

You've made many good suggestions. I think I'll make a Gaia banner in case @Freagarach wants to use it in some way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grapjas said:

Gaia is not a civ though.

Well, if they behave like a civ (for example by using banners)...

10 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

Isn't the banner suppose to show the civ like it does though? Certainly is more useful than showing a gaia banner imo. Also more consistent.

Those are Celtic units. So the banner shows a civ but not the civ. Don't see how usefulness or consistency come into play here.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think I'll make a Gaia banner

Nice. btw what do you think about them being units from other civs rather then their own kind? In Germany for example the Vandals are proverbial...

17 minutes ago, Grapjas said:

Isn't the banner suppose to show the civ like it does though? Certainly is more useful than showing a gaia banner imo. Also more consistent.

Just saying there might be a different use for it, such as when Gaia soldiers are used to attack players with triggers and whatnot. Doesn't hurt to have it available.

13 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Well, if they behave like a civ (for example by using banners)...

I just meant they have a civ, but aren't one, was my point.

14 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Those are Celtic units. So the banner shows a civ but not the civ. Don't see how usefulness or consistency come into play here.

Good point, didn't catch that. (it really should just show the civ though imo)

The issue is just the tip of the iceberg: some, but not all, of the other factions have their citizen hoplites and pikemen unable to do their own idle stances as well. Pericles also has the same defect:

Romans also have this with their testudo and anti-cavalry. The two Atlas-only infantry heroes excluding Scipio have scuta and can't normally assume the former. The evocati and other Roman champions (i.e. legionaries) are unable to be distinguished with the republican extraordinarii:  

8 hours ago, Carltonus said:

The issue is just the tip of the iceberg: some, but not all, of the other factions have their citizen hoplites and pikemen unable to do their own idle stances as well. Pericles also has the same defect:

i don't understand. was looking your videos and there are objects moving and some not. what your showing there?

41 minutes ago, seeh said:

i don't understand. was looking your videos and there are objects moving and some not. what your showing there?

Look at the idle animations of the citizen hoplites, pikemen, and Roman soldiers that are assuming the phalanx, syntagma, or testudo and anti-cavalry formations, respectively. It's just their normal idle animations being played rather than their intended effect after stopping. Only the Libyan and diadochi mercenary spearmen are able to do their idle phalanx positions.

On 23/08/2022 at 9:31 PM, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I saw some earlier posts about unit silhouettes and I encountered this one in an online 2v2. Tried a rehost, which is the second game, and it did not resolve the issue.  It also happens in singleplayer if I try that.

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.45.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 8.45.39 PM.png

@BreakfastBurrito_007 said this was not a problem in RC2 btw. Also happens for every civ. Was there a revision that changed gamesetup?

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic