Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I've already said that the tech descriptions are too sparse. Not descriptive enough. Thanks Nescio.

Can't let you blame him for that :P 

0ad/long_walls.json at f314b5b9d2be852a4d25f4b9ef40ab4acf4f2002 · 0ad/0ad (github.com)

You are actually responsible for that tooltip :p

0ad/special_long_walls.json at 41850b576087f973ea647140dc0a055ed922872c · 0ad/0ad (github.com)

Adds "Long Walls" tech for Athenians. · 0ad/0ad@474a19a (github.com)

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

I don't see the commit when it was I who changed it to its current tooltip.

Original (Dec 8, 2012):

"Build stone walls in neutral territory. Stone walls -50% build time."

Then (Jul 20, 2013): 

"Build stone walls in neutral territory."

Then (Jan 15, 2021): 

"Build Walls in own or neutral territory."

33 minutes ago, Stan` said:

completeness

tbh I see it more as being redundant than complete.

0ad-frigginfence.jpg.89ab7c7b2b22415e7f10e2ffc42f88fe.jpg

Since those friggin fences and benches have an owner, why aren't they capture-able? I really wish they would just decay to me so I could delete them, instead of having to get a team to destroy them. Isn't that also avoidable micro and thus against the design document?

Edit: Oh, I guess the benches are capture-able:

0ad-frigginbench.jpg.9c610881dfe56e21abc39fd53afb78b8.jpg

So please, do something about those fences.

Edited by Gurken Khan

Just now, Player of 0AD said:

Kushites cannot train or unlock champions in captured Han stables. I think this is not consistent and it doesnt only apply only for kushites. Maybe same also for barracks.

@maroder (I'm sorry)

On 10/08/2022 at 1:19 AM, Gurken Khan said:

So please, do something about those fences.

[Diffusion] rP27043 (wildfiregames.com)

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Jebel Barka threw a bunch of placement errors, but I wasn't quick enough to catch them and they don't seem to go into the logs?

You can also open the console with `F9` and scroll with `PAGE UP` and `PAGE DOWN`.

EDIT: Also good to see players actually testing instead of just talking about it on the forum.

Edited by Grapjas
  • Like 2

Things I saw while playing today:

Cartography and Diaspora icons are swapped.

Persian Immortals can move while upgrading changing weapons but have no animation.  So they don't run they just slide across the screen.

Running units do not round corners.  When making turns that are not even sharp they slow down and begin accelerating again.

Edited by Philip the Swaggerless

5 hours ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

Things I saw while playing today:

Cartography and Diaspora icons are swapped.

Persian Immortals can move while upgrading changing weapons but have no animation.  So they don't run they just slide across the screen.

Running units do not round corners.  When making turns that are not even sharp they slow down and begin accelerating again.

People felt icons were better swapped.

@maroder

@Freagarach

Not sure we can fix the last one. I once had a patch that prevented upgrading units from moving. [Differential] D2772 Prevent Upgrading units from moving (wildfiregames.com)

imo the should be moving while switching weapons (in the best case with an animation ofc). The question is if units should be moving while upgrading in general and if we are just misusing the upgrade mechanic in this case since we have no other option for weapon switching right now.

5 hours ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

Running units did never round corners? It has always been straight lines and sharp turns.

And yes that the accelerate now is actually a feature.

4 hours ago, maroder said:

Running units did never round corners? It has always been straight lines and sharp turns.

And yes that the accelerate now is actually a feature.

Yes, but since there was no reduction in speed before it didn't feel wrong. It feels wrong to me now but maybe rounding of corners is out of the scope of these tests.

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic