Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

And tha'ts an issue because?

Because Persians cant train champs in their own barracks, so it doesnt make sense that they train champs in captured barracks. At the other hand we could think about allowing Persians to train champs in barracks.

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Does it give experience?

@maroder

Yes, check out "loot"    --> experience loot

6 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

We found a severe bug: Formations of melee units dont fight properly. I think they target all the same unit which makes zero sense.

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

Haven't they always done that? Which is why they don't attack in formation @Freagarach @maroder

5 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

so they don't break formation when ordered to fight?

After playtesting, yes, this is a bad bug. Units tied to a formation can only seem to attack 1 enemy soldier at a time. 

• Sad 1

On 06/08/2022 at 11:25 AM, Player of 0AD said:

If Persians capture barracks of some other civ, they can train infantry champs in p3 there right away

https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP27038

On 06/08/2022 at 11:25 AM, Player of 0AD said:

Slaughtering corral animals should not give experience, and all kinds of animals should be available in p1, because corrals are already too weak in the early game.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP27037

On 06/08/2022 at 3:51 PM, Player of 0AD said:

Hans are not able to train crossbow cav anymore but if they capture some stables ( I guess)   they can.

https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP27040

• Thanks 1

does anyone else have inconsistent unit silhouettes?

image.png.7256b803ba37a496f718e24c91302549.pngimage.png.0d15e86cea080d8d7315583eecf57bb0.png

sorry about the horrendous quality XD. There are women around the bottom tree, and a small army amongst the cherry blossoms. Sometimes when I pan the screen over the units, the silhouettes come back and then disappear, other times they are normal. This could just be my issue tho.

(rP27036)

map pictured: chang Jiang

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

Maybe time to pay a visit to our artic friends? I dunno if there's a report about the artic animals that are already being worked on but since i started playing the game I've made few reports about our friends in the snow, can't wait to see them run and die like buffalos in a26 @Stan` . The seals too :)

1 hour ago, rossenburg said:

Maybe time to pay a visit to our artic friends? I dunno if there's a report about the artic animals that are already being worked on but since i started playing the game I've made few reports about our friends in the snow, can't wait to see them run and die like buffalos in a26

that is know. The problem is we have no one to do the animations at the moment.

• Like 2

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic