Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

I'm not able to build Atlas on Manjaro 21.3.6 (probably has something to do with a recent update of Manjaro)

First I saw this scroll by when running './update-workspaces.sh'

Premake args:  --atlas
sh: line 1: wx-config-gtk3: command not found
Building configurations...
Running action 'gmake'...

Everything kept going for a while but it eventually failed:

main.cpp
Linking pyrogenesis
==== Building mocks_test (release) ====
Creating obj/mocks_test_Release
mocks_test.cpp
Linking mocks_test
==== Building AtlasObject (release) ====
==== Building AtlasUI (release) ====
precompiled.h
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/Misc/precompiled.h:107:11: fatal error: wx/wx.h: No such file or directory
  107 | # include "wx/wx.h"
      |           ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [AtlasUI.make:188: obj/AtlasUI_Release/precompiled.h.gch] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:181: AtlasUI] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/andy/src/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc'

I have no 'wx-config-gtk3' in my path, but I have 'wx-config' (which is a symlink to '/usr/lib/wx/config/gtk3-unicode-3.2') and it's version is 3.2.0. I have 'wxwidgets-gtk3 3.2.0-4' installed.

I'm using the 0ad git version at

commit 43232f44b28fd610481ec9594c332a5548328013 (HEAD -> master, upstream/master)
Merge: 9bf575e57b 8a0866c80a

Date:   Mon Aug 1 05:00:50 2022 +0200

@Stan`@vladislavbelov

Edited by andy5995
add 0ad git version

9 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

I'm not able to build Atlas on Manjaro 21.3.6 (probably has something to do with a recent update of Manjaro)

First I saw this scroll by when running './update-workspaces.sh'

Premake args:  --atlas
Building configurations...
Running action 'gmake'...

Everything kept going for a while but it eventually failed:

main.cpp
Linking pyrogenesis
==== Building mocks_test (release) ====
Creating obj/mocks_test_Release
mocks_test.cpp
Linking mocks_test
==== Building AtlasObject (release) ====
==== Building AtlasUI (release) ====
precompiled.h
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/Misc/precompiled.h:107:11: fatal error: wx/wx.h: No such file or directory
  107 | # include "wx/wx.h"
      |           ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [AtlasUI.make:188: obj/AtlasUI_Release/precompiled.h.gch] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:181: AtlasUI] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/andy/src/0ad/build/workspaces/gcc'

I have no 'wx-config-gtk3' in my path, but I have 'wx-config' (which is a symlink to '/usr/lib/wx/config/gtk3-unicode-3.2') and it's version is 3.2.0. I have 'wxwidgets-gtk3 3.2.0-4' installed.

I'm using the 0ad git version at

commit 43232f44b28fd610481ec9594c332a5548328013 (HEAD -> master, upstream/master)
Merge: 9bf575e57b 8a0866c80a

Date:   Mon Aug 1 05:00:50 2022 +0200

@Stan`@vladislavbelov

Disregard. It's working now. I had 'export WX_CONFIG=wx-config-gtk3' in my ~/.profile.

It's been there for about a year and things have been fine, but I guess something changed during a recent Manjaro update.

11 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Let's be aware of the tactic of "indirect fire", which consists of high angle fire at a target obscured by hills, walls, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_fire

Concepts should be applied consistently; and, this concept doesn't exist anywhere else in the game.

11 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Let's be aware of the tactic of "indirect fire", which consists of high angle fire at a target obscured by hills, walls, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_fire

Concepts should be applied consistently; and, this concept doesn't exist anywhere else in the game.

when would players be interested in a large release candidate test? I think the best chance is some time this coming weekend.

A few 4v4s and 1v1s should be enough to get a better idea of how strong certain changes are:

things to try:

• han civ, with new changes
  • persia changes, weapon switching immortals
  • fanatic rushes (especially in 1v1s)

On 30/07/2022 at 8:21 AM, chrstgtr said:

I don't think so. Is there any basis to say that ancient artillery shot farther than the human eye could see? That would be miles, which I don't think is true

On 30/07/2022 at 3:46 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Doesn't track, since in the real world even in ancient times you could see much further than your catapult can shoot.

I'm not meaning they can physically shoot beyond human eyesight, more that the concept isn't strange, IMHO.

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Sure, but for gameplay purposes, it's best that your catapult isn't stuck firing at an already-destroyed building, just because it's out of vision range.

That can be one of way to resolve this. Catas will stop firing as soon as building is destroyed, but the player(attacker) will not be able to see untill the cata's firing point (destroyed building) comes in player unit's vision range.

On 03/08/2022 at 6:25 AM, Darkcity said:

That can be one of way to resolve this. Catas will stop firing as soon as building is destroyed, but the player(attacker) will not be able to see untill the cata's firing point (destroyed building) comes in player unit's vision range.

It was like that and it was fixed. ;)

Well I have a preference for the a25 fishermen model, so wondering if i'll need to replace the new one or not

Well actually, i'd have to separate the ptolemaics and kushites from using the same fishermen somehow

That also reminds me, is the mercenary ptolemaic trireme a placeholder name too?

Edited by CovenantKillerJ

14 minutes ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

Well I have a preference for the a25 fishermen model, so wondering if i'll need to replace the new one or not

Well actually, i'd have to separate the ptolemaics and kushites from using the same fishermen somehow

Seems like it got changed by @wowgetoffyourcellphone maybe it wasn't intended, or he didn't notice they shared the same actor. We can restore the black fisherman for kushites for sure. 

15 minutes ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

That also reminds me, is the mercenary ptolemaic trireme a placeholder name too?

I'm not sure maybe @Sundiata would know.

2 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Seems like it got changed by @wowgetoffyourcellphone maybe it wasn't intended, or he didn't notice they shared the same actor. We can restore the black fisherman for kushites for sure. 

Thank you, that would be great. It'd be even better if you guys separate the actors and kept the new one for the ptolemaics and the a25 black fisherman for the kushites

26 minutes ago, Stan` said:

I'm not sure maybe @Sundiata would know.

On 14/02/2021 at 1:51 AM, Sundiata said:

The Ptolemaic ship in-game was a placeholder that has been replaced by 2 dedicated Nile boats in Alpha 24. The decision to temporarily use the Ptolemaic ship was based on their proximity and interactions with each other, but I haven't seen any literal sources stating that Kushites ever used Ptolemaic triremes. 

I wonder what happened to those Nile boats.

26 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

If Persians capture barracks of some other civ, they can train infantry champs in p3 there right away.

Slaughtering corral animals should not give experience, and all kinds of animals should be available in p1, because corrals are already too weak in the early game.

And tha'ts an issue because?

Does it give experience?

@maroder

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic